1.    #1  
    Are there any other apps that will just turn off the keyboard back lights?

honestly this not being a preference sickens me. Do they actually have test labs at palm one?

-SB
    You can try mLight - that also turns off the keyboard (as well as dims the screen at certain hours)
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier_bob
    Are there any other apps that will just turn off the keyboard back lights?

honestly this not being a preference sickens me. Do they actually have test labs at palm one?

-SB
    Test labs? as in beta testing? haven't you heard? YOU'RE THE BETA TESTER...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'd go with the mLight. I had to have it for my 300 to keep the lights on, and as i recall, you can set 'day' and 'night' points.
    Get the latest beta of Brightcam from mytreo.net. It's mostly free (a few additional features you have to pay for)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    Test labs? as in beta testing? haven't you heard? YOU'RE THE BETA TESTER...
    Really? wonderful. I have spent over 70 hours Beta testing and bill out normally for $150/hr. What is PalmOnes payroll address? I would like to request my paycheck. By my quick calc they owe me $1050.00.

-SB
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Get the latest beta of Brightcam from mytreo.net. It's mostly free (a few additional features you have to pay for)
    Will brightcam work on the 650? I just want to turn off the keyboard lights... dont really care about turning them on. or auto levels... It seems that the brightcam does everything for you?

-sb
    Yes, the latest beta works on the 650. There are a few things that don't work yet (Backlight key Quick Set, Noisy surroundings boost), however adjusting the screen brightness and keyboard on/off works based on light level detected by the camera works fine.

But there does not appear to be anything out there that just lets you turn the keyboard light on or off (and keeps it that way until you manually make a change). I want my keyboard lights OFF more than 99% of the time (no exaggeration). An app that does nothing else...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    But there does not appear to be anything out there that just lets you turn the keyboard light on or off (and keeps it that way until you manually make a change). I want my keyboard lights OFF more than 99% of the time (no exaggeration). An app that does nothing else...
    You're right, but on the main screen, if you change the "Sensitivity" option to "Thin", the keyboard will almost never come on except for complete darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    KB LightsOff does that. If you turn auto mode off, that's all it would do for you.
    Last edited by silverado; 04/11/2005 at 10:52 AM.
    Hey Silverado,
    Do you perhaps have a detailed user guide or such that explains what all of the settings do exactly. I'm having a tough time figuring out exactly what everything does.
    Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Hey Silverado,
    Do you perhaps have a detailed user guide or such that explains what all of the settings do exactly. I'm having a tough time figuring out exactly what everything does.
    Thanks
    Hi millerhifi,

The readme file in the ZIP package explains what the functionality of the controls are. You can also get it here. My writing can sometimes be very terse, so let me know if you have any other questions
    Great, thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier_bob
    Do they actually have test labs at palm one?

-SB
    I find myself asking that question a lot. That and "don't any of the developers use this everyday??
    Someone wrote and posted Keyshades on another forum...
    Attached Files Attached Files