1.    #1  
    I am trying to use the versamail feature on the treo650. i understand hotmail is not compatable. Is the hotmail upgrade compatable? Is there a better e-mail server to use? I want to access my e-mail without having to go through the web browser. Is this possible? HELP. Thanks
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Don't waste your time. Get SnapperMail. Do a search and you'll find it all.
    --Dave

Palm Pro (3 of'em)
    Handspring Visor Deluxe (2 of'em)
    Handspring Prism (2 of'em)
    Handspring Treo 300 (2 of'em)
    Palm Treo 650 (1 of'em and fingers are crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsimpson
    I am trying to use the versamail feature on the treo650. i understand hotmail is not compatable. Is the hotmail upgrade compatable? Is there a better e-mail server to use? I want to access my e-mail without having to go through the web browser. Is this possible? HELP. Thanks
    Yes, it is. Versmail will access mail via POP, IMAP or Exchange Activesync. Your email server has to support one of these three protocols for Versamail to communicate with it.

A word of caution - Versamail is notoriously buggy. It works for many people, and it just acts weird for a lot of other people. I would suggest you try it out, and if it works, great. If not, consider other mail clients which you will have to pay for, but well worth it.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Is Versamail in "ROM" or can it be removed to make room for Snappermail?
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    Is Versamail in "ROM" or can it be removed to make room for Snappermail?
    Its in ROM.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    As you'll find out, using fusemail and fastmail are options. Hotmail->fusemail/fastmail->via IMAP->Versamail b/c you can't do Hotmail->via IMAP->Versamail.

I recommend fastmail over fusemail, b/c when I use fusemail, they have some text ads at the beginning of the email message when you look at your email on your handheld. No so for fastmail.

I don't believe that the Hotmail upgrade is compatible for imap/pop. I have the cheapest upgrade for my Hotmail account and I don't think that there is imap/pop. I think.
    I have to agree with the above post re: SnapperMail.
    I had ZERO PROBLEMS with it on my T600, and after headaches with VersaMail & AgendusMail/Messaging, I'm happy to be returning to Snapper. New version allows saving/ archiving messages to your SD card, so you're not wasting valuable ROM/NVFS space.
    Best of luck.
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    does evey version of snappermail work with, lets say, gmail?

which version/s work?