1.    #1  
    Hi!

I use Profiles 0.18, which is an awesome program! At night I set it to my customised 'Sleep' profile, which makes all incoming SMS messages be silent. This is great, except I now need to be woken up for specific messages.

Do you know if there is a program or utility out there that can play an alarm or take certain actions based on the text of an incoming message? i.e. if the SMS message has the word 'URGENT' in it, play a nice loud alarm that can wake me up? (And if the word URGENT is not in it, to treat it as normal)

And if there's nothing out there already, would anyone be willing to make such a utility? I'd put up the first $20 for it's development.

Thanks!
    Mike
    It would be trivial enough to do such a thing, I suspect. Are you using Chatter now?

Marc
  3. MDK
    Bump
  4.    #4  
    No - I don't use chatter. I did try CallFilter this past week, and it's got a feature for doing different actions based on who an SMS is from, and the text in the message. After playing around with it for a while, I wasn't able to get it to behave the way I wanted. Additionally, my Treo 600 started crashing all over the place. Perhaps 4 crashes in one day.... normally it's 1 a month. So I've now uninstalled CallFilter - perhaps the next version will be closer to what I am looking for and more stable.
    I believe that TreoHelper has the ability to launch an application and\or play a tone based on an SMS "trigger" text. Do a search for it.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_z
    No - I don't use chatter. I did try CallFilter this past week, and it's got a feature for doing different actions based on who an SMS is from, and the text in the message. After playing around with it for a while, I wasn't able to get it to behave the way I wanted. Additionally, my Treo 600 started crashing all over the place. Perhaps 4 crashes in one day.... normally it's 1 a month. So I've now uninstalled CallFilter - perhaps the next version will be closer to what I am looking for and more stable.
    I can barely wait for Callfilter to be update for the Treo 650. It is the main reason that I didn't get rid of my Treo 600 when it was having alot of problems and it's ability to integrate with the Profiles application is perfect. I don't know whether profiles will work on the Treo 650, but it is certainly something I look forward to.

Treo Helper will do SMS triggers though. If an SMS has a certain phrase within it, Treo Helper can be set to cause a certain action, such as getting email. Unfortunately, it only works for one email account, not all of them, and does not specify which one when it does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    It would be trivial enough to do such a thing, I suspect. Are you using Chatter now?

Marc
    I'm using Chatter! Is there something that Chatter can do about this?