View Poll Results: Are you so upset that you want to write PalmOne, or have already sent them a letter?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 21.95%
  • No

32 78.05%
  1.    #1  
    Just trying to gather numbers of folks who do or don't.

Personally my T650 works fine and I've got no reason to write any angry letters to PalmOne.

Only issue I've had is the known memory related issue and that is not really a big deal for me. And given the patch is on the way I'm cool.

The connector is a bit flimsy, but nothing to go sending a letter over for me.

So yes or no? Are you so upset that you want to write PalmOne, or have already sent them a letter?
    I tend to think PalmOne *loves* the people angry enough to write letters. Those sorts of folks are do nothing sheep. "dear Palm, I read about issues with your product on fanboi sites and was so disturbed I ran right out and bought one. I purposely used the phone in a manner I never would day to day just to replicate the known bugs and GRR I'm so mad that I kept the phone, dropped an additional 200 dollars on accessories, and wrote this angry letter." (or of course the ones who sold the phone on ebay).

Whatever, Palm still got paid. I would suspect the customers Palm fears are the ones who aren't angry because they read the bad press, or tried the phone and returned it during the trial period and decided to switch to PPC or wait for the next Treo to try and get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Just trying to gather numbers of folks who do or don't.

Personally my T650 works fine and I've got no reason to write any angry letters to PalmOne.

Only issue I've had is the known memory related issue and that is not really a big deal for me. And given the patch is on the way I'm cool.

The connector is a bit flimsy, but nothing to go sending a letter over for me.

So yes or no? Are you so upset that you want to write PalmOne, or have already sent them a letter?
    Did we really need to start another thread? Why not tack your comments onto one of the other 100 or so?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Did we really need to start another thread? Why not tack your comments onto one of the other 100 or so?
    If you've got a problem with it you have the option not to spend time on this thread or any of the 100 or so others.
  5.    #5  
    This message board is a perfect example of the 80/20 rule.

20% of the people here are upset and make up about 80% of the new threads overall.

Every poll I run shows that 80% or more of Treo 650 owners are rather happy. While most threads seem to show that most people are upset.

To anyone "on the fence" take note that the 80/20 effect is very misleading .
    While most threads seem to show that most people are upset.
    Likely because most of those threads are regarding problems. We don't have too many "hey, I've got xyz working fine on my 650!" threads.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  7.    #7  
    ^ Exactly. But I think there are some folks that get the wrong impression.

Hence the reason I keep showing the view of the silent majority.

Someone says "hey lets write PalmeOne, we're angry" I want to show them exactly how much support they have for their cause .
    To anyone "on the fence" take note that the 80/20 effect is very misleading .
    Yeah, almost as misleading as someone making up numbers and percentages that are impossible to measure.
  9.    #9  
    The good thing about this poll is that nothing is "made up". Everyone here can participate.

Every method of measure shows most Treo 650 owners like the device.
    The good thing about this poll is that nothing is "made up". Everyone here can participate.

Every method of measure shows most Treo 650 owners like the device.
    so how much are they paying you?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    so how much are they paying you?
    I don't get paid by P1 or any other device maker, wireless company, or service.

How about yourself?

The poll is a yes/no question and the results speak for themselves.

Some folks just hate to see the fact exposed that most T650 owners are not as disgruntled as they are .