1.    #1  
    My 1st Treo locked up whenever I used Blazer. My replacement has worked great.

My question is, what actually makes the Treo's malfunction? If the software is universal across the board, what hardware defect makes the Treo lockup? I guess this question could apply to any electronics...so to the technically inclined, what happens in the manufacturing process that produces a lemon?

I'm curious
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    My 1st Treo locked up whenever I used Blazer. My replacement has worked great.

My question is, what actually makes the Treo's malfunction? If the software is universal across the board, what hardware defect makes the Treo lockup? I guess this question could apply to any electronics...so to the technically inclined, what happens in the manufacturing process that produces a lemon?

I'm curious
    I think file corruption from the file system(which leads to database corruption) is probably the biggest culperate, but there's something else going on that appears to be tied to hardware. There's also some bugs that cause resets but they are actually pretty minimal. Manufacturing things like silicone chips are fail proof now a days. If there's any manufacturing flaws it's probably in the memory they use.

No one has given me a good enough explaination why my unit hardly ever resets and others have to live with 6 or more per day. I was playing scummVM for an hour today today with ptunes running in the backgroud while over clocked to 468mhz. I got a couple incoming calls and the phone never reset. That's pretty impressive for a non-multitasking OS. I wish everone's phone here was as stable as mine.

I also want to mention that my blazer crashed all the time after I made a minor settings change (something about disabling a vision notification message.) I did a hard reset and didn't play with that setting again, and blazer never reset again. I don't think most of the people here are capable of reasoning at that high of a level. I get the impression they keep doing the same thing causing the reset and cry here that a $650 phone should work perfectly all the time. Some problems take a little common sense to fix.

-BT
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Silicone chips -- ha! that'd be new!

Who really knows, other than Palm? And the chances that they'd tell the public? None. Just wait for a recall or updates.