Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With the Treo 650 you can capture those moments in life where you would have to say "remember when...". Now you can pull out your Treo 650 and say "remember this?"

Me and the girls were cooking this weekend and ran into some stubborn sausages.

Will need Quicktime 6.5 to view.

Video_Sausage1.3gp

Video_Sausage2.3gp

We thought it was funny, maybe you will too.

P.S.

Treocentral admin, you may want to add .3pg files to the supported list for uploads.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    finally something constructive! tks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    finally something constructive! tks for sharing
    I know we have a couple of scientists on the site who are just aching to discuss this.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    wow, i watched them both.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    godschoice...you need help...or is it I who needs help

very cool LOL...couldnt stop laughing
    as with those moody treos, its the metaphysics of those moody sausages that astonish the wisest techies in here
    Now, after seeing the first one... I HAD to see the second one... what possessed me to view the second one is beyond me... what great mysteries can we solve with understanding the reason some Sausage Links move where ever they want... Time to meditate and ponder this great question !!!!

Thanks for sharing... got a good kick out of it... so... what's next ??? Edgy Eggs ? Depressed Ding Dongs ? Petty Pizza ? Angry Asparagus ?

where does the maddness end ?
    Got to love it... Balinor
    where can you host the .3gp movies...i make one yesterday, nothing spectacular, waiting at a level crossing for a train to pass...its a good test to show the camera's sensitivity. Its not a professional camera, but it did very dang well.. the train was going about 80mph plus or minus 20mph..
    the word of the day is
    "- what!- get over 'dere!"
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    where can you host the .3gp movies...i make one yesterday, nothing spectacular, waiting at a level crossing for a train to pass...its a good test to show the camera's sensitivity. Its not a professional camera, but it did very dang well.. the train was going about 80mph plus or minus 20mph..
    That's a large % of error. If you know the length of the train and you have the video and you got the train moving past you from beginning to end, you could probably calculate the true mph.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    This two part ensemble piece at first glance seems to depict a common place situation of cooking sausages. Five links sit or roll on a cook surface, seemingly content to brown on their own. Yet it becomes obvious early on there is the controlling force of God as symbolized by an indeterminate hand wielding a spatula, which seeks to intervene into the otherwise complacent affairs of these hapless meat rolls. Using voice over to convey the thoughts of the links as they are prodded into conformity, then rebound in rebellion, this two-parter demonstrates the existential swings of consciousness incarnate, with the classic heat of hell underneath, the middle world of sausage land, and the all-knowing god-like Spatula from above acting out the age-old battle of wils and instinct (symbolized by one, then another, errant sausage rolling away from the Hand on High).

The hand-held camera approach gives a cinema verité look as we get pulled into the everyday lives of The Links, trying to guess who will defy "god's will" while the other links sit idly by. The roundness of the links gives the links an animated quality, as if they had evolved (or been created?) to show the intention of individual wills.

Just when we think we can predict the outcome, we hear another voice plaintively pleading, "Dad, Dad!" Is this the voice of "The Son of God," seeking to intervene in the affairs of these unrepentant sausages? We're left wondering as this mini-epic pans over to two sausage patties, who have apparently been there all the while. In classic European style, at the end we're left to wonder if the patties symbolize the duality of life, or perhaps the "flatness" of what life would be like without the gift of will and the acknowledgment of consciousness this drama demonstrates.

Rated: PG for mild violence and somewhat disturbing images
    yeah i know thats a large percentage of error...okay i promise you this...next time i will stand on the tracks and calculate how long it takes me to get smashed...i may have to have someone report back to me the numbers

the reason for the uncertainity is the following...about 1km up the track is a station which it stops at, it just left the station, however it couldnt be at full speed...the LRC (the type of train it is) is only allowed to go 120mph max...when leaving the station and still in city limits the LRC is only allowed to go 60mph...normal crusing however is anywhere between 80mph and 100mph
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Here is an place you can upload your movies. I don't own this group. I joined it and created the movies folder and loaded my two.

Join over at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo650/join

and upload a file at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo650/files/Movies/

Just Click "Add File"

This is an email list, so if you don't want to receive emails change the settings at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo650/join after joining.

If you don't change the seetings, you will receive every email that is sent tot the group. At the bottom of the messages you will see unsubscribe instructions. Please don't join and then start flooding the board with "Please unsubscribe me" messages. If you just want to join to add movies or view movies, then you just simply go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo650/join and select the option for "No email. Don't send me email, I'll read the messages at the Web site. ".
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    the word of the day is
    "- what!- get over 'dere!"
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by rowan
    This two part ensemble piece at first glance seems to depict a common place situation of cooking sausages. Five links sit or roll on a cook surface, seemingly content to brown on their own. Yet it becomes obvious early on there is the controlling force of God as symbolized by an indeterminate hand wielding a spatula, which seeks to intervene into the otherwise complacent affairs of these hapless meat rolls. Using voice over to convey the thoughts of the links as they are prodded into conformity, then rebound in rebellion, this two-parter demonstrates the existential swings of consciousness incarnate, with the classic heat of hell underneath, the middle world of sausage land, and the all-knowing god-like Spatula from above acting out the age-old battle of wils and instinct (symbolized by one, then another, errant sausage rolling away from the Hand on High).

The hand-held camera approach gives a cinema verité look as we get pulled into the everyday lives of The Links, trying to guess who will defy "god's will" while the other links sit idly by. The roundness of the links gives the links an animated quality, as if they had evolved (or been created?) to show the intention of individual wills.

Just when we think we can predict the outcome, we hear another voice plaintively pleading, "Dad, Dad!" Is this the voice of "The Son of God," seeking to intervene in the affairs of these unrepentant sausages? We're left wondering as this mini-epic pans over to two sausage patties, who have apparently been there all the while. In classic European style, at the end we're left to wonder if the patties symbolize the duality of life, or perhaps the "flatness" of what life would be like without the gift of will and the acknowledgment of consciousness this drama demonstrates.

Rated: PG for mild violence and somewhat disturbing images
    Funny stuff!! (And you thought I had too much time on my hands) LOL!

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    godschoice much appreciated
    VIA Rail Toronto Bound

This was done at 352 by 288....next time i see the train im going 176 to 144
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Me and the girls were cooking this weekend and ran into some stubborn sausages.

We thought it was funny, maybe you will too

I never thought I could laugh so hard at breakfast sausages cooking on a grill. Thanks godschoice for the medicine. Needed it today
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Man- that is one long *** train! pardon my francais.
    if we're all obsessed with trains, i'll get some video of the piece de resistance... the amtrak acela- for you guys tomorrow.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I can't download these damn videos from my Treo!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast