1.    #1  
    I just iinstalled this on my Treo 650 and love it, but some of the options are not clear.

If you have the documentation, please post or PM me. The link on the developer's site is dead.

Thanks in advance.
    What's unclear? I found it to be very intuitive. Basically you just choose how you prefer to cycle between lowercase, uppercase and option for each key. State your particular question(s), perhaps we can answer for you.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Jo - good idea.

How do I set Keycaps up so if I press the D key, it types a 4 without having to hit the option key first?

I'd like to do this without messing up the way the program knows to capitalize the D if I hold it for a quick bit when typing.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    Thanks Jo - good idea.

How do I set Keycaps up so if I press the D key, it types a 4 without having to hit the option key first?

I'd like to do this without messing up the way the program knows to capitalize the D if I hold it for a quick bit when typing.

Thanks for the help!
    Can't exactly do that....if I understand your question correctly. Are you asking for the D key to ALWAYS type a 4? Wouldn't that make text typing a royal pain?

You can set it so that if you double click D, you will get a 4, or you can set it so that if you press and hold the D key you will get a 4. Or you can make it cycle through Uppercase, lowercase and option (ie D, d, 4) by either double-clicking or holding.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Jo. Here are my current settings:

Click - Option 1
    Hold - Upper E

It's working the way I want for capitalization - I press and hold a letter and capitalizes.

Question - Which setting do I change, and to what, to make it so if I quickly double-tap the D key I'll get a 4, or double tap the E key to get the number 1.

I still want to be able to type and hold the D key to capitalize it.

Thanks again for your help!
    It is the "click" option. If you double ckick the "d" within the timeout specified, you get a "4". Hold it for longer than the "hold" delay and you get a "D".
    Maybe your confusion lies in that the KeyCaps setup screen says "Click" but what it means is "Double Click"?
  8.    #8  
    Thanks robbalazs! Your suggestion worked like a charm and showed me the bonus feature of eliminating the need to hit option for all keys. Typing the @ sign in e-mail just got a whole lot easier.

For such a popular utility, it's a shame that the functions are not labled more clearly and that no documentation is available. I e-mailed the developer a few days ago and still have no response.

Yet another reason that TreoCentral is essential. Thanks all.
    This a must have utility in my opinion! Metsfan, the developer, frequents this forum often and is very response to emails. I know, I've emailed him.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone