1.    #1  
    Is anyone experiencing a problem where you will be typing an SMS, scrolling through your browser or doing other things and the Treo will freeze for a few seconds before kicking back in? I have been having this problem for months. Would be curious to hear your responses...
    Quote Originally Posted by marting98
    Is anyone experiencing a problem where you will be typing an SMS, scrolling through your browser or doing other things and the Treo will freeze for a few seconds before kicking back in? I have been having this problem for months. Would be curious to hear your responses...
    Are u using versamail? If so, do u have autosync on, and keyguard enabled?
  3.    #3  
    yes, I am using VM with keyguard enabled. I will disable autosync and see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by marting98
    yes, I am using VM with keyguard enabled. I will disable autosync and see if that helps.
    Took me a while to figure this one out. If u pay attention to VM, when keyguard is on, it cannot connect to the mail server, it gets stuck at "connecting to server". I guess after a while, it'll eat up all the ram and ur treo will come to a grinding halt. I've had 0 slow downs since I stopped using VM autosync.
    I'll have to check for that autosync bit...

VM is what shipped ON the TREO isn't it?

TIA!
    This problem has been reported in several threads now. I get it and have neverused autosync with versamail. So far no theory that I know of has panned out. I'd love to hear a solution!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepdiver
    This problem has been reported in several threads now. I get it and have neverused autosync with versamail. So far no theory that I know of has panned out. I'd love to hear a solution!
    I have started to experience this, as well.

I use Snapper - setup for every 30 minutes
    I also have ptunes that I have running in the background. 2 of the 4 times I have experienced the delay, ptunes was running.

My last "freeze" invloved the power key (actually any key that turns on the treo) not working. ptunes was running, green led was flashing. Current ptunes song ended. Next song did not start. That's when I noticed I couldn't turn on treo. After about 10 seconds everything started working again.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Yep. I've had that happen in every application, from phone to Bejeweled 2. So far I haven't been able to relate it to anything. :/
    This happens to me too and as a side-effect, chatter resets the data connection at the end of the short freeze. Very annoying! I sent a log to Marc Blank (author of Chatter) and he said that the OS is telling his application that the network connection is down when this happens. However, the freezes happen with or without Chatter running.

I do not use VersaMail autosync.

What models of Treo 650 is everyone using? Mine is an unlocked GSM 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    This happens to me too and as a side-effect, chatter resets the data connection at the end of the short freeze. Very annoying! I sent a log to Marc Blank (author of Chatter) and he said that the OS is telling his application that the network connection is down when this happens. However, the freezes happen with or without Chatter running.

I do not use VersaMail autosync.

What models of Treo 650 is everyone using? Mine is an unlocked GSM 650.
    unlocked gsm
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Some times when I see it, it's due to the data connection disconnecting from the network in the background. A possibility?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Some times when I see it, it's due to the data connection disconnecting from the network in the background. A possibility?
    What version of 650 are you using?

Even if this is a possibility, its a bug because it sometimes happens while actively using the data connection, which means that there is no reason for it to get normally disconnected.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    What version of 650 are you using?

Even if this is a possibility, its a bug because it sometimes happens while actively using the data connection, which means that there is no reason for it to get normally disconnected.
    Cingular Blue (aka AT&T Wireless)

True if the data connection is still active and remains active after the freeze ends...perhaps when the freeze happens you go out of range temporarily or it temporarily loses the network connection and finds itself again?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Cingular Blue (aka AT&T Wireless)

True if the data connection is still active and remains active after the freeze ends...perhaps when the freeze happens you go out of range temporarily or it temporarily loses the network connection and finds itself again?
    I wish that were the case. I'd be sitting in one spot with full signal and this would happen :-/
    bump
    I had similar delay problems some time ago.

I tracked it down to having Chatter using large databases. Basically I had a large amount of emails (~6 months worth) all in two accounts, creating two rather large .pdb files on the 650. When I deleted them and started syncing only 5 days in the past, my treo started responding much better.

My theory is, since the DB's are being modified in the background, every once in a while the NVFS system has to back it up to flash memory. When that happens with large files, it takes time, and it hangs the Treo. Only a theory, but after getting rid of those large DB's I've rarely noticed delays anymore.

Hope this helps.
    Whidden,

Thanks for your response.

My delays are always accompanied by a drop of the data connection. Was that your experience too? This seems to be an issue with the GSM model only; I used the Sprint version for sometime without ever seeing this.
    I don't believe my data connection dropped when I had the delay problem. Though I've been having a dropped connection problem recently (but no delays). A hard reset and restore using my backup utility took care of the dropped connection problem, but I think its starting again. I'm suspicious about a beta version of ScheduleCare that I am using causing some problems.

BTW, I'm using a GSM 650.
    unlocked GSM 650

it has happend really only in Sol Free for me...all of sudden no response, and then like 10 seconds later it works again