1.    #1  
    I'm long-time user of Chatter and recently started using it on an unlocked 650 on T-Mobile. I use T-Mobile VPN as my service. I have noticed that the Treo drops the GPRS connection very often (and Chatter keeps reconnecting). I don't think this is a Chatter issue since this seems to happen even when it is shut down, but I am asking here because Chatter users would probably be the most users aware of this problem since Chatter wants a constant connection of online folders.

Anyone else noticed this on a 650 on T-Mobile? This is definitely new behavior; I used the same service on a 600 and GPRS connections stayed up for a very long time.

Thanks for any info.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I'm on T-Mobile and agree that the connection drops more frequently than it did with my T600 but I wouldn't say it happens very often.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  3.    #3  
    TxDot,

Do you use T-Mobile internet or T-Mobile VPN?
    I'm on T-mobile, specifically in Boston, and haven't noticed this (yet). I just got my unlocked 650 last week. I'll keep an eye out for disconnects and post back if I have problems.
    Just wanted to chime in here. I use Chatter with a Verizonized 650 and have noticed my data connection completely drop from time to time and Chatter tries to reconnect.

Been scratching my head on this one too. Don't think it's a Chatter issue; probably Verizon. I'd like to see some Cingular and Sprint users chime in here. Esp. those who leave folders (eg Fastmail) online.
    I'm getting an unlocked 650 tomorrow (finally; $600, ugh), so I'll be able to check this out myself w/ T-Mobile.

Marc
    I'm a Sprint user, and on my 650 (never on the old 600) the data connection drops and reconnects all the time running Chatter.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    TxDot,

Do you use T-Mobile internet or T-Mobile VPN?
    T-Mobile Internet
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I never see this on my Sprint T-650 unless I'm in a pretty bad signal area. Even then, it doesn't typically come and go. 02fl - Can you send me a log?

Marc
    I'm on Telia Mobile in Sweden and are having the same issues with gprs dropping... could this be a treo650 issue and not a carrier issue?