Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i see hi-launcher has an option to launch DA's. does anybody use any cool DA's.... which/what/why?
    I will post the attachement of my setup here, as this thread is prolly more appropriate than the other one where I posted it first.
    If you look at my animated setup, you see I have a submenu called [C]ommunications and then some items in that menu, of which one is [Q]uick News. So all I have to is long press Home button (my key for launching Hi-Launcher), then hit [C], [Q] and poof, Quick News is launched

And about the setup.. just say I like to tinker alot (and likewise waste alot of time doing that, but let's keep that between you and me hmmkay) But the Help (tap the builtin (I) button) and the options are fairly detailed. It took me a little while though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    ok...ok.... figured it out.... don't answer me
    too late
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    too late
    am i slow or what .... but i appreciate ur help... thanx
    I'm just getting in to hi-launcher and was wondering why some applications have icons and some don't? Is it a problem with my setup or do some of the applications really not have icons?

Thanks
    M
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by themitch
    I'm just getting in to hi-launcher and was wondering why some applications have icons and some don't? Is it a problem with my setup or do some of the applications really not have icons?

Thanks
    M
    Most probably you're using Treo 650, and the applications that don't have icons are the built in PIM applications. It's because (as you mentioned) they do not have standard resolution icons (they only have high resolution icons) which Hi-Launcher shows in its Menu.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Yup, you're right, I'm using a Treo650. Shame that you can't access the hi-res icons as the menu looks much nicer with them!

Keep up the good work!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by themitch
    Yup, you're right, I'm using a Treo650. Shame that you can't access the hi-res icons as the menu looks much nicer with them!

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks!

The problem is they would have to be scaled (resampled) to fit in the Menu, and then they would not look so nice. There are two alternative workarounds I'm planning for a future version:
    • make use of small icons (those that are used when you switch your built-in launcher into the "list" mode instead of the "icons" mode)
    • use icon sets like DateBook5, Agendus or Handy Shopper do

In fact I can introduce these two together
    RaNo,

Any fix yet for the problem with phone number lookup when adding a number to the list? I have to manually enter in most numbers which is a pain. Also, I'd like to see HL maintain it's set font for the pop-up menu regardless of the font selected for the app you are currently in. For instance, I use Fonts4OS5 and if I have an app selected to use a 3rd party font, when I launch HL menu in that app, the menu appears tiny like the font size of the app I am in... I'd like HL to keep it's font regardless. Can you do this?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    Thanks!

The problem is they would have to be scaled (resampled) to fit in the Menu, and then they would not look so nice. There are two alternative workarounds I'm planning for a future version:
    • make use of small icons (those that are used when you switch your built-in launcher into the "list" mode instead of the "icons" mode)
    • use icon sets like DateBook5, Agendus or Handy Shopper do

In fact I can introduce these two together
    What is your time table for this feature......
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    What is your time table for this feature......
    None so far. We'll be issuing a new version in July but I can't promise this feature will be included.
    Is the only way to toggle bluetooth without the btToggle application which cost another $15?

If so I would suggest you revise your home page to state this, I purchased Hi-Launcher and didnt realize this required another application. Yes, I understand I had the trial version first, I just never tried this during trial. Your home page says "Bluetooth - toggle the Bluetooth radio on/off to save battery."

BTW- Hi-Launcher is awesome!
  13.    #53  
    Yes, it is the only way. Different palms have different implementations of the Bluetooth interface and it's quite a lot of work to implement them all. That's why BtToggle has its own interface which is universal to all devices and that's why other developers use it.

You can see the information on the BtToggle requirement in the detailed descriptions of Hi-Launcher's commands on its website and in places where Hi-Launcher is sold.
    Sorry I dont see this anywhere on your products page. I do see several references to Bluetooth, but none state "requires third party app."

Just a suggestion, you should consider adding "requires 3rd party app" after the feature listing on your product page.

I was very frustrated after spending $20 to find I have to spend another $15 to get this functionality working.

I ordered based on the description from your web page and then went to PalmGear and ordered there....do not see it listed on their page either. It simply states "Bluetooth - toggle the Bluetooth radio on/off to save battery."

Dont get me wrong, I love your application and have no desire to return it based on this omission, I am simply making a suggestion as I was very frustrated when I discovered this.
  15.    #55  
    It's under the "more" link in "Main Hi-Launcher features" list. Sorry, I can't put everything on the main page, as it would become unreadable.

Nevertheless, I do understand your frustration. Please always try before you buy, and you'll never get frustrated again
    do you reccomend the pro or classic version for Hi-Launcher?
    How do I launch a Bluetooth Hotsync?
    I have a question.. Is there a way to set the "selected" items colours? I keep finding that Hi-Launcher makes the currently 'selected' item impossible to read, such as dark purple with dark cyan text or something bizarre. I think it's doing some sort of inverse on the colours of the item, but it makes it very hard to read.

I'm having to fiddle with the colours of each item and checking to make sure that it's readable when selected. Is there some way to fix this otherwise? Kind of a pain.
    how do registered users get FULL version?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    It's under the "more" link in "Main Hi-Launcher features" list. Sorry, I can't put everything on the main page, as it would become unreadable.

Nevertheless, I do understand your frustration. Please always try before you buy, and you'll never get frustrated again
    I would think this would be somthing important to list on the main page, otherwise delete the feature from the main page. It is deceptive.

FURTHERMORE- The app you require "BTTOGGLE" DOES NOT WORK on a Treo 650
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast