Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topher
    My "Toolbar" option will only launch the Command Bar. Looked at Hi-Launcher's site and found this -

"Special - the following items perform special actions:
    Recent Application - launch most recently used application. You may put several items of this type in your menu to get a list of most recently used applications.
    Home - exit the currently running application and go to your default Launcher.
    Find - same as tapping the "Find" silk-screen icon.
    Menu - pop-up the system menu.
    Toolbar - pop-up the system command bar / tool bar.
    Brightness, Contrast - same as tapping the appropriate silk-screen icon.
    ABC Keyboard, 123 Keyboard - same as tapping the "ABC" or "123" silk-screen icon.
    Turn Off - same as pressing the "Power" button.
    Turn Off & Lock - turn off and lock your handheld.
    Start HotSync, Start Modem HotSync - same as pressing the "HotSync" button on your cable/cradle or modem.
    Clock - same as tapping the "Clock" silk-screen icon (where available).
    Soft Reset - perform a soft reset."

Reading that would lead me to believe that it's not a configurable command on the menu.

Hope that helps some.
    I agree, but the Treo System (where this comes from) should be able to be changed. I'm trying to find out how you get to this to make changes. RaNo, help us out here.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    for god's sake...can you choose to email a contact from your contact hierarchy (using whatever you have selected as the default email application)?!?!....

i'd buy it in a heartbeat...

wow...what an idea?....can it be done?....

detroitkruk
    Detroitkruk, I agree. That would be nice.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    i dont understand it why put it in if it cant be used
    Is there a way to assign "hot keys" to Applications in the menu? For example, if I've made an entry for DateBK5 in the menu, could I pop up the menu and then hit "D"?

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    ToolBar+ (also from :RNS:

More detailed explanation:
    Starting in Palm OS 3.5, drawing the command stroke displays the command toolbar (see Figure 4.17). This toolbar is the width of the screen. (Previous versions of Palm OS simply display the string "Command:" in the lower-left portion of the screen.) The command toolbar displays a status message on the left and buttons on the right. After drawing the command stroke, the user has the choice of writing a character or of tapping one of the buttons on the command toolbar. Both of these actions cause the status message to be briefly displayed and (in most cases) a menuEvent to be added to the event queue.

Figure 4.17 Command toolbar

The buttons displayed on the toolbar depend on the user context. If the focus is in an editable field, the Field Manager displays buttons for cut, copy, and paste on the command toolbar. If there is an action to undo, the field manager also displays a button for undo.

The active application may also add its own buttons to the toolbar. To do so, respond to the menuCmdBarOpenEvent and use MenuCmdBarAddButton to add the button. Listing 4.1 shows some code from the Memo application that adds to the command toolbar a button that displays the security dialog and then prevents the field manager from adding other buttons.
    See here: Menu shortcuts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djr; 03/17/2005 at 03:53 PM.
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    Is there a way to assign "hot keys" to Applications in the menu? For example, if I've made an entry for DateBK5 in the menu, could I pop up the menu and then hit "D"?
    Yes, this is pretty ease, though you have to know where to look for it

In Hi-Launcher configuration, choose Design The Menu, go to your application or menu shortcut and then hit the Menu button, choose Item > Properties and assign your shortcut character.
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    Yes, this is pretty ease, though you have to know where to look for it

In Hi-Launcher configuration, choose Design The Menu, go to your application or menu shortcut and then hit the Menu button, choose Item > Properties and assign your shortcut character.
    I can't get this to work. For example, I set "v" for VeriChat. When I activate HiLauncher (long press on the Home button) and press "v" while HiLauncher is still up, I get nothing.
    Is it on the main list or in a submenu? If it's in a sub you have to actually be in the submenu for the shortcut to work. See this thread for my setup to give you an idea.
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    not really!
    Highly informative post
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    how do you get the time and date on same line
    Item type: Status
    Caption: ^D, ^T ([B] = ON)
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    i found out how to get the ^d ^t on same line what is all the other stuff you included.
    i have it working with just ^d^t ?
    thanks in advance for all your help
    jkoel
    These are just the menu options for how to set that up.
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    djr,

Thanks hugely. Your comment alone on how to do this prompted me to move from demo -> registered. I'll be abandoning McPhling in favor of H-Launcher. On the 650 the loss of available buttons, or rather the _now_ dedicated use of buttons that I used for other purposes, makes Hi-Launcher with "short cut" keys invaluable.

Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Hi Bill,
    Thanks, glad to know it's appreciated Yah, the shortcut keys are very very useful, in that they let you launch apps with two or three clicks if you have a decent setup and memorized most of the key combos. E.g in my setup [C] [Q] launches Quick News (rss reader) and I have several other key combos which are fairly easy to remember but lets you launch apps in a flurry. And Hi-Launcher is good eye candy too
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    Item type: Status
    Caption: ^D, ^T ([B] = ON)
    cool... but how'd u figure it out? i don't see it listed anywhere... or maybe i'm just dumb
    Hi Viper,
    What part of it don't you understand? Where to find the option or what the strings are?
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    cool... but how'd u figure it out? i don't see it listed anywhere... or maybe i'm just dumb

no no... slight misunderstanding! i figured it out perfectly... not that dumb u see

what i meant was how did "you" figure it out? i probably wouldn't have tinkered with it and just let it be... cool u thought of it though

there's one thing which i'd like to ask u... u said u have [c][q] launch quick news, how do u do that? i can assign only one key to a shortcut and not two... how did u manage to have a combo?

all in all i'd say it's a very cool app... and the ability to assign shortcuts just makes it ultra coooool!!! two clicks (well usually ) and i am where i want to be!

edit: just figured it out thanx for ur help though!
    Last edited by viper_; 03/18/2005 at 07:03 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast