Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Is it me, or is Blazer moving horribly slow compare to Xino. Text are loaded first on both browsers, but Xino allows you to scroll through the page while images and text or being loaded. Blazer just sticks and dosen't allow you to scroll while text and images are being loaded. On the other hand, I like the way the pages are formatted on blazer better. I just think that browsing on Blazer is way too slow for my patience. Its weird, because Xino browses considerbly well and also my dial up networking with PDA.net is also pretty swift. With that said, is there any settings that can be set within Blazer or network settings, that'll allow for a faster browseing experiance while using blazer? I've already ruled out the possibility of having network issues in my area, for Xino and PDANet is pretty efficient.

    Thanks.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Is it me, or is Blazer moving horribly slow compare to Xino. Text are loaded first on both browsers, but Xino allows you to scroll through the page while images and text or being loaded. Blazer just sticks and dosen't allow you to scroll while text and images are being loaded. On the other hand, I like the way the pages are formatted on blazer better. I just think that browsing on Blazer is way too slow for my patience. Its weird, because Xino browses considerbly well and also my dial up networking with PDA.net is also pretty swift. With that said, is there any settings that can be set within Blazer or network settings, that'll allow for a faster browseing experiance while using blazer? I've already ruled out the possibility of having network issues in my area, for Xino and PDANet is pretty efficient.

    Thanks.
    My blazer on my unlocked gsm 650 with tmobile allows me to scroll through the text while images are being loaded.

    What are you using? GPRS, Edge, Sprint?

    BTW, you posted TWICE.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  3. #3  
    General advice: disable images and surf the net a lot faster.
  4. #4  
    Use Web Pro, it's much faster even with images.
  5. #5  
    Who wants to disable images? Most of us upgraded from the 600 for the hi-res screen and bluetooth. Since Bluetooth is someone of a letdown, YMMV, all I've got left is the pretty screen (which alone, makes the upgrade worth it). If I disable images when browsing, I might as well be back on the 600 again.
  6. #6  
    Xino will be much faster as it is a cache browser. If you want speed go xino. For formatiing go blazer.
  7. #7  
    You could also try speeding up Blazer's image rendering with PXAClocker (http://www.hexview.com/pxaclocker/).

    By the way, I too can scroll around a page while the graphics are still loading into Blazer.
  8. #8  
    With my Sprint 650, I find Blazer doesn't want to scroll the page via the 5-way while text or images are still being downloaded. BUT, if I pull out the stylus and use the scroll bar to the right of the screen, it scrolls happily. I think Sprint screwed something up in their customized version of Blazer.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9. #9  
    I sometimes need to tap the screen before the 5-way will scroll a page that's still loading. I guess it's akin to clicking the mouse in a Windows window to direct the focus to the frame you want to scroll.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  10. #10  
    Compared to WebPro, the Blazer is extremely slow and does not support a few important sites like Paypal and my bank's site. I tried the WebPro 3.0 and it works better; however it is limited as well. I need someone to get WebPro 3.5 hacked to work with the Treo 650. WebPro 3.5 is the best browser so far on the Palm OS device.

    If you internal memory is low (like mine), Blazer will work like a crawler. I guess they called it Blazer because it is a lightweight single-purposed browser used for minimum surfing. WebPro 3.5 would be a full Trench coat in comparison.

    I don't like Blazer much at all. Even if WebPro 3.5 was hacked, it would need to sit in the internal memory of which I have very little left.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  11. #11  
    how do you switch browsers. I am on blazer and it sucks.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsimpson
    how do you switch browsers. I am on blazer and it sucks.
    Get Palm WebPro 3.0 Patched for Treo from SmartPhoneTools.com

    http://tinyurl.com/59zm5

    It works fine with the Treo 650. I think it let me do Paypal.com but on my bank I could get the login box but it just kept loading....after it logged in and tried to go to the pages with my account info. WebPro 3.5 is not as good as WebPro 3.5 but it is still better than Blazer. You obviously need to have space on the Treo 650 to have it load and have space for cached pages.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  13. #13  
    How can WebPro 3.5 not be as good as WebPro 3.5? Maybe the next release will be even better. I hear it will be version 3.5.
  14. #14  
    if any of you want webpro 3.5 patched I got it. Email me. I will hook you up.
  15. #15  
    I don't know how to upload it to this post so if someone wants to do that after I email it to you, it would get this in users hands much faster. Thanx
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Xino will be much faster as it is a cache browser. If you want speed go xino. For formatiing go blazer.

    I agree... go with Xino, pay for it.. I use it all the time... and it quickly pulls up sites that needs to by synced... good tool to have for any Palm devices ...
    Got to love it... Balinor
  17. #17  
    webpro 3.5 keeps saying not enough memory to load page, I have over 5 megs free on my sprint 650. It doesen't seem to work well, it freezes, then I have to do a reset.

Posting Permissions