1.    #1  
    Dear All,

I want to do something like this :-

In the midnight, I want SMS from anyone except contacts from "Family" category not to ring, only vibrate. It should also support schedule. I don't bother about Display, brightness or ringtone. I just need it to be silent and vibrate.

I tried some profiles utilities suggested in this forum, but none works the way I wanted to. I tried CallShield, it does not work with Treo 650. I tried Call Filter, it does not work with contacts in category, only individual contact.

Thanks in advance.
    try Treohelper or lightwav, I dont know off the bat, but I heard that lightwav can do it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    try Treohelper or lightwav, I dont know off the bat, but I heard that lightwav can do it.
    Dear Blade,

Thanks for the reply. I have LightWav, unfortunately, it does not support schedule.

I will try TreoHelper then.

Cheers.
    Ya let me know if you get anything.
    Hi,
    I have downloaded an SMS scheduling app from PalmGear, it seems to work very well (it does not support incoming SMS filtering though)

See SMS Sheduler
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlleyCat
    Hi,
    I have downloaded an SMS scheduling app from PalmGear, it seems to work very well (it does not support incoming SMS filtering though)

See SMS Sheduler
    Dear Alley,

Thanks for the suggestion...I had tried it, it does not suit my needs.

Cheers....
    I have a very similar requirement - although in my case I would find it more useful if it was based on what the message is, rather than who it is from.

i.e. if the word URGENT is in the message, I want to be woken up, otherwise the message alert should be silent.
  8.    #8  
    Dear Mike,

I wish you luck, please let me know if you are able to find something similiar.

Thanks.
    Right now, you can set SMS ringtones in Ringo...combined with Profiles (recently updated), you can set times. Problem is, Ringo doesn't allow you to set SMS ringtones to messages sent by e-mails (which is my requirement), but it can at least let you set it by the person's phone number.