1.    #1  
    i have a cing 650 with the axalto sim. not too many problems but heres a good one. i can get mail using versamail, but cant send it. I have just found out tonite that optimum blocks port 25 on outgoing mail. i have no idea what this is, but since versamail had set port 25 for outgoing i changed it to 110 which is the incoming port #. So now instead of getting the versamail error "unable to resolve mail server" error i get "time out" so im thinking there is another port number to use for outgoing mail, but i have no clue about ports to be able to guess which one.

anybody have an idea what im talking about? is anybody with me?

marv
    Fidelis Ad Mortem
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin
    i have a cing 650 with the axalto sim. not too many problems but heres a good one. i can get mail using versamail, but cant send it. I have just found out tonite that optimum blocks port 25 on outgoing mail. i have no idea what this is, but since versamail had set port 25 for outgoing i changed it to 110 which is the incoming port #. So now instead of getting the versamail error "unable to resolve mail server" error i get "time out" so im thinking there is another port number to use for outgoing mail, but i have no clue about ports to be able to guess which one.

anybody have an idea what im talking about? is anybody with me?

marv
    i use sprintpcs as my outgoing, and optonline as my incoming..no problems at all
    I use optimum online withg no problem.

Put cwmx.com for outgoing mail server. I got that info from this board and it works fine.

Good luck!

Gerry