1.    #1  
    On my idle phone screen I have the calendar/datebook bar floating on top under the date/time bar. It shows my Datebk 5 appointments, but if I press on the bar/screen it takes me to the stock calendar/datebook program not datebk 5. My hardkeys are configured and work well with datebk 5. I searched through the various preference screens and couldn't figure it out. Anyone bumped into this and found a fix.

It's a very, very minor annoyance escpecially since I've had no problems at all with my 650, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks,
    Rascal

Mod:Please feel free to move this post if there's a better spot for it to get answered.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I noticed that too. I'm guessing that it only looks at the built in dB. I have also noticed that it is sometimes not synced with my latest DTBK5 changes, so I quit displaying it lest I get confused and miss a meeting.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Mike,
    I noticed that it won't show todo type stuff or floating items...only scheduled appointments. Do you remember if your appointments did not get sync'd or the was it the other stuff? Just curious.

Ultimately it's not a really big deal but.......never hurts to pin point an issue.
    Sigh.

Datebk5 uses the built in calendar DB. It has no database of it's own. This has been discussed many times. So the entries you see on the phone screen should be the same no matter which calendar app you use. It may be, however, that the phone app doesn't update it's display on a consistent basis.

The PHONE app is hard coded to open the built in Calendar app when you click on the calendar entry displayed on the phone screen. I don't think there's anythiing Pimlico software can do to change that behavior.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks meyerweb.

Small fish to fry on this one. It would be cool to be able to set the functionality of that bar to the opening of a specific app. but alas. You won't hear me complaining. I love my treo!
    I agree with you PRPRPR. $Every$ $time$ $I$ $click$ $on$ $the$ $appt$ $displayed$ $on$ $the$ $phone$ $screen$, $I$'$m$ $frustrated$ $when$ $Calendar$ $opens$ $up$, $instead$ $of$ $Datebk5$. $I$'$m$ $finally$ $learning$ $to$ $click$ $the$ $calendar$ $button$, $instead$.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.