View Poll Results: Select a date from the list below ...

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday, March 14th

0 0%
  • Tuesday, March 15th

3 2.78%
  • Wednesday, March 16th

5 4.63%
  • Thursday, March 17th

8 7.41%
  • Friday, March 18th or Sat, March 19th

9 8.33%
  • Week of March 20th

20 18.52%
  • Week of March 27th

12 11.11%
  • In April 2005

18 16.67%
  • In May 2005

12 11.11%
  • Never!

21 19.44%
  1.    #1  
    Okay, it's been discussed 100's of times and rumored for months! Last week Treocentral.com even officially got into the rumormill act and published a story <Sprint Treo 650 firmware update next week?> that said the firmware update may be available this week. This is not a poll to find out how little people really feel that this update will address the problems with the 650....just WHEN it will happen.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Never. Is never good enough for you?
    It'll happen right after the next Treo is released.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    "it will happen like a thief in the night, no one know the date of the hour"
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  5.    #5  
    Jeez...755 views and 78 voters. Lotta lurkers.

Bottom line, still no notification from Sprint about an update nor has there been any updates posted on the P1 support site. To be fair, the Treocentral.com story posted last Wednesday said notifications of the update would be sent out in 7-10 days and the update would be posted this week. We'll see....don't hold your breath.

P.S. Thanks to those who voted or lurked!
    Last edited by SofTTware; 03/15/2005 at 09:04 AM.
    Well, my Treo 650 spontaneously fired up "Phone Updater" on Saturday evening, and a new network called "Sprint Provisioning" showed up in Network. However, after the progress bar moved for a while, it eventually froze hard - had to soft reset.

Later on I did a hard reset as this all had me a bit worried (and I didn't properly calibrate the battery when I got it - too eager to use it!), and while I haven't seen "Phone Updater" again, "Sprint Provisioning" still shows up. Any ideas what I'm seeing here?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    If I guessed right, what do I win?
    phone updater had absolutely nothing to do with software or firmware. it has to do with your vision services.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    phone updater had absolutely nothing to do with software or firmware. it has to do with your vision services.
    Ah, that helps. I wonder why it crashed/froze, or even showed up in the first place... Vision has been working fine since I got it two weeks ago.
    April 1st. No kidding.
    Scott Audette Inc.
    Editorial & Sports Photography

Official Team Photographer for the NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning
    I had same prob... a glitch.. to fix:
    go to prefs... select network... change provisioning to sprintpcs.. all will be well...
    figured out on my own... sprint CS r stuuupid.
  12.    #12  
    Almost 25% of the voters think that we will see the firmware update this week...there has been no announcement yet or nor sighting on the P1 site. I personally am not holding my breadth!

Palm would get so much positive PRPRPR $though$ $if$ $they$ $were$ $more$ $communicative$ $and$ $delivered$ $on$ $the$ $previous$ $announcements$ $on$ $BT$ $DUN$, $tweaks$ $to$ $NVFS$, $etc$.

P.S. With 768 lurkers and only 77 votes, how about more of you voting. All it takes is one click of the mouse! Thx.
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Seems more like a scammer or doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Weird ... I got the same Sprint Provisioning and freeze. I had to do a soft reset too. What is going on? I happened to turn on Verichat and that's when it happened... do you suppose Verichat had anything to do with it? OH well ... patience.
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Weird ... I got the same Sprint Provisioning and freeze. I had to do a soft reset too. What is going on? I happened to turn on Verichat and that's when it happened... do you suppose Verichat had anything to do with it? OH well ... patience.
    This isn't the firmware update or at least many of us don't think so that everyone is now talking about.

BTW, I had a self-provision kick in by itself about 2 weeks ago and it froze for me the first time to but I think it was because I was in an area with a very weak signal. I went to Network settings and restarted it when I had a strong signal and it worked fine but ran for a good 20 min or so.
    Last edited by SofTTware; 03/15/2005 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    P.S. With 768 lurkers and only 77 votes, how about more of you voting. All it takes is one click of the mouse! Thx.
    I haven't voted because I have no data to base my vote on. It is merely speculation based on speculation. Saying I think it will come out today when I have no idea when it will come out doesnt seem to usefule to me. But if it helps, I wish it would have come out already!

Mike
    When in doubt, vote "never." Yours could be the most accurate prediction.