1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to use the 650's internet connection as a connection for my mac laptop?

I am using Sprint Vision, Treo650, and a mac ibook 10.3.8 (also have a wifi card.)

Thanks,
    Rascal
    Had you searched this forum, you would have found this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64229
  3.    #3  
    I forgot to mention I don't have bluetooth technology in my ibook. Sorry. I did look at the Shadowmite patch and as far as I can tell, you must have a bluetooth enabled computer. Is there a tethered (phone to cable to laptop) type approach for establishing an internet connection? I guess I was hoping to discover what the options were.
    Thanks!
    Then your solution is WirelessModem by Scott Gruby found at www.notifymail.com if you want to try a tethered approach. The problem is that this is app has been problematic lately, especially with USB and Treo 650s. See the WIrelessModem users mailing list archives for info. I would suggest you consider buying a Bluetooth dongle (relatively cheap) for your iBook and then install the Shadowmite BT DUN stack patch. Works great for me with the same setup (I have a 1st gen TiPB G4 and use the D-Link BT adaptor). YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    See the WIrelessModem users mailing list archives for info
    Jposin,
    Can you point me in the direction of this "WirelessModem users mailing list"? I could not find it on the notifymail site. I found other mailing lists on the site but not the WirelessModem mailing list.

I am not able to get my MAC to acknowledge that the 650 is connected. My old 600 worked great with WirelessModem & Treo in Tethered mode.

I have BT DUN working however I would like to compare the speed between "WirelessModem & Treo in Tethered mode" and "Bluetooth via DUN".

Any other specifics regarding your quote below?

Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    "this is app has been problematic lately, especially with USB and Treo 650s"
    Look here:

http://www.notifymail.com/pipermail/...ssmodem-users/

for the archives of the WirelessModem list. Lots of info/details there.
    thanks jposin!