1.    #1  
    Why does Treo 650 treat the side rocker button with so much veneration?

About all it does (out of the box) is change the ringer and the volume. IMO, that should be it's role when pressed from the Phone program. However, one cannot re-map the button in the Prefs application.

What is the easiest way to remap the rocker? Butler?

I'd prefer a small app with small memory footprint. .. I'd like it to be the Page-up/Page-Down button in most applications.

Thanks
    Aloke
    you can remap the small button with the included treo software, look under prefs,
    menu, buttons...good luck.
    Uh, I think he was talking about the one above it. . .
    Butler is great....Highly recommend it for the rocker (page up/down) and for alerts (especially configuring the flashing green light.)
    No crashes..no issues..for me. You can get a free trial.

Sprint 650 & a mac
  5.    #5  
    Butler has a lot more than I need (I use TreoAlarm, McPhling etc). In this day and age of memory issues, I'd rather take a minimalistic approach ...

Is there ANY other utility that frees up the side rocker switch?

Aloke
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Butler has a lot more than I need (I use TreoAlarm, McPhling etc). In this day and age of memory issues, I'd rather take a minimalistic approach ...

Is there ANY other utility that frees up the side rocker switch?

Aloke
    Butler is one of the least expensive apps. If you purchased it solely for the rocker control, you'd have yourself a bargain (and lots of other features you might use).
  7.    #7  
    I just might. It ranked very high in the list of 6 apps one needs on their Treo..

Is it stable? I saw some posts attributing resets to it.

What's it's memory footprint?

Can it run off the SD card?

Thanks.
    Aloke
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I had quite a few reboots with Butler when I downloaded it in February.
    Butler is 75 k
    It can't run from sd card
    Ive had a lot of problems getting it to be stable with the 650, but (fingers crossed) they seem to be sorted with the latest release

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for being so upfront about this.

I visited the support forum and saw your active support/development of this software.

I downloaded and registered anyway. So far, (10 minutes, 3 hotsyncs) I have had no lockups and problems.

Aloke
    PS: I now have an excess of alarm programs (TreoAlarm, Datebk5, Butler, Worldclock and who know what else ..)