1.    #1  
    After seeing so many good plugs about Agendus on this thread, I decided to give it a try. And aside from the well-known issues that many have posted about, I have really only experienced one major annoyance with the program.

Ive been confused on multiple occasions because of the fact that events are listed twice on the today screen if an alarm for an event is set to go off on a prior date. For example, I have a scheduled meeting tomorrow (monday March 14) at 11pm. I have scheduled an alarm to go off exactly one day prior to the meeting. On my Today screen that predetermined alarm shows up as its own event scheduled for 11pm on Sunday March 13th (today)! Therefore I now have two event listings (on separate days) for one meeting. This sort of thing has the potential to really screw up my agenda. Lucky for me the alarm wasnt scheduled more than 1 day in advance or else I probably wouldnt have caught it.

So now I should ask... am I mising something here? What is the point of having your "alarm" show up as an event? I hope there is a way to turn off this feature of Agendus. I really do like what I see so far and hope that something like this can be solved easily. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Does this happen with all alarms. I typically set up tasks with reminder alarms several days before the tasks are due so that I can monitor progress. I wonder is a task set up like this would appear twice. I do not have Agendus but will try it this week.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Does this happen with all alarms. I typically set up tasks with reminder alarms several days before the tasks are due so that I can monitor progress. I wonder is a task set up like this would appear twice. I do not have Agendus but will try it this week.
    I just tried this and I can confirm that tasks do appear twice when setup with a reminder as well. The task I set up was entitled "Last day to register Agendus" and it was scheduled for tomorrow (Monday) at 7pm. I set the reminder to sound a day in advance. When I looked on the "today" screen it said : "Sunday Mar 13, 2005. today 7:00pm Last day to register Agendus."

You see how confusing and utterly pointless this is. Its like setting your alarm clock to wake you up at 5am before you go to bed, and instead of showing the actual time, your clock just flashes "5:00" all night.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Wow, that's a big drawback for me and could lead to a lot of clutter and confusion. I was going to do a trial of Agendus but now I'm having second thoughts.
    I just discovered this dual alarm thing today! This is THE dumbest part of Agendus Pro v9. Not only that, but the today screen should me modifable like the Express conduits. Time to e-mail the Agendus people with constructive criticism! The cynic in me feels it won't be fixed 'till Version 10!
    ###
    Are you using a To Do event when this happens? You might have the "Advance" under Options active with a day or so when you are opening the to do.
    9.05 agendus version is out....give it a try
    Fred
    Cingular 680