1.    #1  
    First, I would like to say that I realize this was a bone-head move.

I wanted to start fresh with my 650 after installing a lot of different trial software and having random restarts. So, I decided to do a hard reset after which I did a sync. I realized after the sync started that I should have set it to have Entourage overwrite the Palm. So, I cancelled the sync halfway through, set Entourage to overwrite the Palm, and synced again. All of my contacts are now gone in Entourage and in the 650. The calendar events, notes, and tasks are all present in Entourage and the 650.

I am trying to figure out my options for retrieving my contact data. I have a backup of my home folder which includes ~/documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2004 Identities/Main Identity/Database. However, this backup is about 2 weeks old. So, I can restore that database and get my contacts back from 2 weeks ago which will also reset my events, notes, and tasks to 2 weeks ago. Then I could sync and have Entourage overwrite the Palm for the contacts and have the Palm overwrite Entourage for everything else.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to retrieve my contact data?
    Your MUD is your best bet as far as I know , but you might also try the rebuild database function, or go to a entourage forum and ask specific questions been there...good luck...
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    If you have to go the restore route, is it possible to create another Local Folder like Personal EDIT, then export only the 2 week old Contacts DB, and import only Contacts to your desired Profile. This way you can preserve your tasks, notes, etc.