Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought 2 650's from the same shop at the same time. But there is a subtle difference between them. on one, the VOLUME ON switch label (a bell) at the top of the phone is solid black, while on the other, its just the bell outline. The 'black bell' phone rarely crashes (it still locks up every day or so) but the 'bell outline' phone crashes about 10 times a day. anyone else have a 'solid bell' phone that crashes? is this a way to spot dodgy phones???
    Outline bell, very stable, Sprint PCS
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Solid bell, very stable, T-Mobile
    no bells...very timid
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    no bells...very timid
    I've got a ringing in my ears and there are people on this board who don't think I am stable. But, what do they know.

Seriously.... I have a solid bell on an unlocked GSM with tmobile. My freezes are all coming out of snapper. I think I have a corrupt database.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I have a solid bell and using it on T-Mobile. Up until this past Tuesday, I was getting GPRS connection errors and one or two random resets each day BUT ever since I called p1 to have a replacement unit shipped, it's been very stable - only one reset in 3.5 days. Maybe my phone knew it was going to be returned and it wisened up.

Seriously, though, ever since my GPRS connection issues went away, my phone has been very stable.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Solid bell, very stable, T-Mobile
    For those of you that are using the 650 on T-Mobile, did you have to set up anything special to access your voicemail or T-zones/GPRS? My 650 should be here tomorrow, and I have the Unlimited internet account so if anyone has any suggestions regarding setup with T-Mobile would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG61376
    For those of you that are using the 650 on T-Mobile, did you have to set up anything special to access your voicemail or T-zones/GPRS? My 650 should be here tomorrow, and I have the Unlimited internet account so if anyone has any suggestions regarding setup with T-Mobile would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Scott
    As soon as you pop in your SIM card the treo will automatically recognize the proper network settings. Just to make sure, once you get your treo go to Pref's, then Network, and make sure the network is labeled as "T-mobile internet".
    That's all taken care of by the sim card.

a'
    Unlocked GSM (Solid bell) w/T-Mobile (USA) and TSTT (Trinidad and Tobago)
    I actually didn't have any resets for 2 weeks when I used the virgin phone without installing any apps. After I installed many apps I had a few resets, I think caused by moving apps like Ultrasoft Money back and forth between RAM and the SD card.

I wonder how many sub-contractors PalmOne is using to manufacture these 650's and if problems may be related to any specific one (or two etc.)...
    sorry about the duplicate answer. btw, t-mobile internet never worked for me. i set
    mine to t-mobile vpn so i didnt have to go through the connecting/cancelling
    silliness.

a'
    Quote Originally Posted by arn0
    sorry about the duplicate answer. btw, t-mobile internet never worked for me. i set
    mine to t-mobile vpn so i didnt have to go through the connecting/cancelling
    silliness.

a'
    Then, I woudl imagine you have the VPN data plan? I have the unlimited internet plan and only "T-Mobile Internet" works for me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Back to the original topic.......

outline of a bell..........Sprint Treo 650..............exceptional operation and stability.
    I'm just a little confused here. Are we talking about the *speaker* icons next to the switch???? Cause --- I ain't got no bells.

t
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg
    I'm just a little confused here. Are we talking about the *speaker* icons next to the switch???? Cause --- I ain't got no bells.
    I'm sure they mean the "speaker" icons. But they do look like bells if you view it vertically from the side.

By the way, I have the outline "bell" icon with hardly any problems at all.
    I do wonder which is the most recent version though...
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer
    I'm sure they mean the "speaker" icons. But they do look like bells if you view it vertically from the side.

By the way, I have the outline "bell" icon with hardly any problems at all.
    I do wonder which is the most recent version though...
    Just wondering, none of the other post mention more than one icon. On the phones with the black icon, is the other one an outline?

t
    Yes I noticed this difference too when I played with my friend's Treo 650 bought about two weeks later than mine (both bought in Hong Kong). Mine has the outline style for the "sound on" speaker icon while his has a solid black speaker icon there. The "sound off" icon on both are the same. I did not have a chance to check the battery but mine came with a battery that says "Made in Taiwan" while some newer batches have ones "made in Korea". The spare battery I got from Treocentral Store is made in Korea, by the way.

On the other hand, my phone is pretty stable, only a few resets caused by 3rd party software. The phone turned itself off a couple of times in the past three weeks but other than that it's fine. Speaker or earpiece volume are fine.
  18. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have had my 650 since the day before Thanksgiving and it has never crashed. I have the outline version. BTW it is a speaker not a bell - it turns off all sounds not just the ring.
    Outline bell locked Cingular had for a week locked up once.
    Hmm this might explain why my Friends newly purchased Treo650's backlight is slightly brighter than mines.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast