1.    #1  
    On the GSM 650, is there an app that can block/unblock your outgoing caller ID easily? Now the process involves going to the Phone App, Options, Call Preferences and check/uncheck the Block outgoing ID box. I was hoping that an app out there would create an icon that you would hit and it would block, hit it again and it would unblock, for example, for professionals who use their phone for personal and business use and dont want their number going out on business calls.

Anyone?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I'd be interested as well.
    doesn't *67 work?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    doesn't *67 work?
    I think it does, but I was thinking of something a little more sophisticated, like maybe a menu option/toggle on the phone app, and maybe even adding a schedule (like TreoGuard) which would block your outgoing number from 8-5pm M-F. That would be cool. My wife is a doctor, and she is constantly making calls, or returning calls to patients, and patients are not supposed to call her cell phone - they are supposed to call the main number and then get paged, in case she is not the one on call. Also some patients are very annoying and call at all hours even when she is not on call. When you are making/responding to calls from the call log for example it just add that many more steps to insert the *67 in there. A toggle would be an awesome feature, and a schedule would be even better.

She can't use something like Callfilter to block calls that are not in her contact list, because she does gets calls from other doctors or hospitals, and there is no way to capture all those numbers in your addressbook, or maybe a doctor needs to reach her and is calling from somewhere else, so she is essence has to answer all the calls coming in.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I see your point. Doesn't seem that hard a program to write, but then easy for me to say

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    is there a way to block calls (on the phone, not *67) on the sprint version of the treo 650??
    I would like the option of blocking my number as well as choosing one I want displayed, that would be slick
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    I would like the option of blocking my number as well as choosing one I want displayed, that would be slick
    There is
    this site among other things you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    There is
    this site among other things you can do...
    Covertcall.com is like camophone.com which is a caller id spoofing service. These services can have their uses (mostly of the trouble-making kind, I'd think ) . However, I don't think that's what we're looking for.

I think we're looking for a simple app that gives you a single-button-press option of blocking the caller id of an outgoing call from either the Call Log or the Contacts menu. Something quick and simple. Covertcall and camophone cannot do this. Those are third-party web services that are cumbersome to use when you're not in front of a computer.

When I make business calls on my personal cell phone I, too, need my id blocked. I need an auto *67 function (I have Sprint).

I'm guessing that the GSM version caller id block is nothing more than a prefixed *67. If that's true, that means that CDMA (Sprint) 650 will require a different App from the GSM 650.

All this still begs the question: Are there any takers? Developers?
    Hi,

Well - with some work you can do something like this:

TAKEphONE allows for up to 5 "locations" to be defined, by default you are using a one called "Mobile".

Change to one of the other locations, and duplicate your settings from the "Mobile" location (select "Dial using" Treo, any other changes you made in the "Mobile" location settings.

Now add a calling-card to that new location - make it add "*67" to all numbers, have it auto-activate.

You can rename those locations: "Normal" & "Block", and you can swap between them at will.

For more automation - check ON the option "Allow location swap" in the "Telephony" prefs, and you will be able to select either whenever you dial.

Hope this is not too confusing...
    There is a calling-card section in the user-manual.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by samyang
    I think we're looking for a simple app that gives you a single-button-press option of blocking the caller id of an outgoing call from either the Call Log or the Contacts menu. Something quick and simple. Covertcall and camophone cannot do this. Those are third-party web services that are cumbersome to use when you're not in front of a computer.

All this still begs the question: Are there any takers? Developers?
    I agree, something simple and easy to use would be great, surprised no one has done this already!...
    Funny thing - in my "Call Preferences" there's a box for "Block outgoing caller ID". It's always checked. And always completely ineffective.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    i just have mine always blocked, and then dial *82 when i want to show my number.
    so far, that works fine.

it would be nice to have a little toggle app of some sort, though.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    I want to go the opposite way.....refuse to accept a call from any phone which has ID blocked. Any options to do this ?