Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    And actually have them read it!

Go to www.treo650update.com and email us your letter or link of your note or thread that you may have posted on treocentral.com. As long as it's constructive and geared toward improving the Treo 650, we will post it on our "Letters to PalmOne" page.

The most recent letters will be at the top of the page.

Include your first name, city & state in the email, email addresses are fine... no last names please.

This link will be send to every department head at PalmOne, twice a week, starting next Monday, March 21... (we need to have the petition working first)

The site will continue to be modified so that it is taken as seriously as possible, and is the least insulting to PalmOne as possible. We know it was an angry endeavor from the start, this is changing by neccesity.

We are open to constructive criticism and helpful suggestions.

At this point, we've decided not to promote any retail items on the site and there will be no advertising of any kind. This site is purely geared toward radically changing the Treo650 so that it works as it was intended to... and quickly. The reason for this is to make it clear to the good folks at treocentral.com that we are not wannabe competition... again, thanks treocentral.
    Boring....
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral

Go to www.treo650update.com and email us your letter or link of your note or thread that you may have posted on treocentral.com. As long as it's constructive and geared toward improving the Treo 650, we will post it on our "Letters to PalmOne" page.

Include your first name, city & state in the email, email addresses are fine... no last names please.

This link will be send to every department head at PalmOne, twice a week, starting next Monday, March 21... (we need to have the petition working first)

The site will continue to be modified so that it is taken as seriously as possible, and is the least insulting to PalmOne as possible. We know it was an angry endeavor from the start, this is changing by neccesity.

At this point, we've decided not to promote any retail items on the site and there will be no advertising of any kind. This site is purely geared toward radically changing the Treo650 so that it works as it was intended to... and quickly. The reason for this is to make it clear to the good folks at treocentral.com that we are not wannabe competition... again, thanks treocentral.
    You are not going to promote any retail items? Competition to Treocentral? Why would a site supposedly dedicated to toilet papering every department head at P1 once a week be considered competition to Treocentral?

What retail items would you sell, anyway? Tundy Paper? (TP for short)...Your motto could be "A little rough around the edges but I serve an important roll."

And, BY THE WAY, you are trolling! You are advertising your site on Treocentral. You should be paying them to advertise.

Moderators, THIS POST DOES NOT BELONG IN THE 650 FORUM.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I, and many others, I think, might consider joining in with your cause if you first clean up your act on your web site.

All "Pros" and "Cons" need to be edited to strike out all editorial comments. Just present the facts, and leave it at that. The facts speak for themselves. I'll give you one example:

3/7/05...Call Log...Upon entering the Call Log, instead of having the last call in the list highlighted, the Ďcancelí button is highlighted. This adds an additional step to call that last call or begin scrolling down the list with hard keys... this is moronic.

Delete the "this is moronic" editorial comment. You really need to do this if you want to be taken seriously and if you want broad support. Certainly you won't get my support until you take a clear fact-based approach with no editorial, derisive comments.

Another example:

3/7/05...Loose Battery...Screen just goes blank with no beep, no warning, so you never know how long you were out of communication with others... this can obviously be devastating in business and in most cases, you can lose well over what the entire phone is worth in a matter of minutes... THEY DIDNíT BETA TEST. Come one guys... didnít we leave issues like this behind with the creaky old 180?... sheesh... This is what we mean by moving backwards.. Arrrggghh.

Delete everything starting with "THEY DIDN'T BETA TEST." Also, "in most cases" is not factual but a conclusion with no factual basis. It would be correct, however, to state that "When used as a business tool, it is possible to lose more than the phone's value over only one of these incidents."

Just the fact, man, just the facts. This is the way to get taken seriously by PalmOne. As it stands, if I received your material at PalmOne I wouldn't even look at it for more than a few minutes before not only deleting your e-mail but setting up a rule to automatically delete all you e-mail as it arrived. Your material is simply not credible as it is now presented.

Good luck!
    the only sound heard at F1 is the shredding machines making short work of those letters.
    ROTFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Your motto could be "A little rough around the edges but I serve an important roll."
  7.    #7  
    Thanks westronic, you obviously put a lot of thought into this. Not only is your post excellent advise... I'll take you up on it to the fullest extent that I know how. That's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for... I'll do some serious editing late this evening.
    Kindest Regards,
    Tundy
    Key West, FL
  8.    #8  
    By the way, does anyone know who this otter emperor kid is... and has he ever had any useful advise for anyone, or does he just take out his life's frustrations on this site?

... it's sad, every time I log on he's right there, with what seems like dozens of mocking posts that never seem to go anywhere...lol.
  9.    #9  
    mikec: thank you, very optimistic, very uplifting.
    Rome: the only thing boring is resetting my preferences after the last system reset.
    Otter Emperor: you must be very happy with every aspect of your 650, congratulations.
    Who says Bluetooth doesn't work on the 650?!!!!!!!!!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  11.    #11  
    MVT:
    Can you voice dial?
    Do you have consistent comms (more than 65-75% of the time)?
    Can you run 3rd party software related to the phone app and keep your BT connection?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions... then you have mystified the majority of the 650 users out there today!

You are the exception, not the rule.

Read these forums, what conclusion do you come to?

Let's see what comes through my site in the way of messages to PalmOne about BT frustrations.

Gotta Go.
    You guys are really too hard on Tundy, he's only trying to make life better for you as a T650 users...

I really don't get you people on here... *smh*
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur

Who is "we"?

Writing a letter to PalmOne is fine if you are experiencing problems with their product, but sending spam emails to each department head twice a week is a little childish in my opinion.

There is a right way to go about all of this, and they way you are handling it is deffinately not the right way. All of your points that are actually valid, get lost in the ridiculousness of the rest of your site.
    -Cal
    Tundy,
    I second the motion with westronic.
    W: Great explanation!!!
    Tundy,

Lay off Otter "Pop" Emperor, as at least he knows how rational discourse should be conducted.

Any time you need more positive affirmation on your quixotic exercise, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    You guys are really too hard on Tundy, he's only trying to make life better for you as a T650 users...

I really don't get you people on here... *smh*
    Please explain how he will be making life better? Seriously.

Handspring was formed when some engineers got together and decided they could build a more appealing and better quality product that filled a space that needed filling. They didn't go about it by toilet papering Palm. They did it the old fashioned way. With a lot of real productive hard work. They started their own firm.

This is how you bring about change.

Then they sold themselves back to Palm. That's another story, of course.

Idle threats with no real bite don't bring about change on the type of scale that would be needed here.

The only parts of my life that are better with these threads are the laughs I get out of them.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Otter Emperor: you must be very happy with every aspect of your 650, congratulations.
    Actually if you had read some of my responses to you and others you would know that my experience has been less than perfect. But I do like my 650, yes.

Take care and good luck.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

18.    #18  
    Otter Emperor: Thank you.
    pizzarascal: Will do... I'll be working on it tonight, thank you for the support!
    Soufsidah09: Much appreciated... good to know you've got my back..
    Cal: Take a look at the site tomorrow and get back to me, I do value your opinion.

Remember all, the site is 1 week old and I'm allowing it to evolve online rather than on my hard drive... it'll continue to change and hopefully become more and more respectable.

All of this feedback, Otter Emperor's included, is helping me down this road.

What is the road? Just so we don't lose sight of the goal... to get as much global feedback toward changing the T650 as possible... it may be more than optimistic, hell it might be more accurately labeled pompus. But my goal, no matter how unrealistic and stupid, is to get thousands of Treo650 users talking to PalmOne about this...
    1. In a way that they can no longer ignore and
    2. Not through the controlled nonsense of the P1 website questionaire from hell que.

I very much admire what Handspring did from start to finish, but I'm in no position and have no desire to get into that field... I wish someone else would though...

Make no mistake, the only reason PalmOne bought out Handspring is that Handspring was wildly innovative and passionate about their work. It really showed with the Treo 600... WHAT AN INCREDIBLE LEAP FROM THE 180/300 eh? WOW! But Palm DID buy them out and changed their name... and look what they've done!!! Please Please realize, if nothing more... that you ARE NOT dealing with Handspring any more... any warm fuzzy feelings that you have for their work is sorely misdirected if placed with PalmOne... very important to understand.

I don't know anything about their internal organization, or who, from Handspring, may be working with them now.. no disrespect to them.

I just feel strongly, that when it comes to memory, firmware and software they're in completely over their heads.

Any continued advice is warmly encourage.

Thanks again.
  19.    #19  
    .. encouraged..
    ...what would Ayn Rand say about this?

Just a thought. Anybody who has read "Atlas Shrugged" can give it their best shot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast