1.    #1  
    Hi, i just noticed that while streaming shoutcast broadcasts and not while listening to mp3 from SD card, my phone automatically goes to voicemail....thats a nuisance
    i can receive phone calls when listening to SDcard MP3s and NOT while listening to shoutcast treams

any ideas/suggestions
    thanks
    DrManny
    When using Shoutcast, you are using data services. You can't use phone services and data services at the same time. (at least on CDMA)
  3.    #3  
    Bummer
    Stupid question but why not? When I am surfing the internet with my browser and get a phone call it interrupts I take the call and then it goes right back to the web page I was on, so why can't it interrupt the shoutcast? I have GSM.
    my verizon treo 650 always goes to voicemail when using data services... even web. it would be nice if it would interupt and let me know about an incoming call.
    Quote Originally Posted by tippymn
    Stupid question but why not? When I am surfing the internet with my browser and get a phone call it interrupts I take the call and then it goes right back to the web page I was on, so why can't it interrupt the shoutcast? I have GSM.
    When you're surfing, the data activity happens in spurts. While you're actually downloading a webpage, if a call comes in it will go straight to voicemail. But after the page is downloaded, there's no activity on the line at that moment, so a call can come through. Basically when the data arrows are green, data is actively flowing and calls go to voicemail. When the arrows are gray, no data is flowing so calls come through. When you're streaming something like shoutcast, the data is flowing pretty much constantly, so calls go to voicemail.
    Ok, then I have a possessed treo. I am always surfing the web on the treo and lots of times I will be loading a page and one of my kids will call, it interrupts and I answer, and my son in the navy calls alot asking for emails, phone numbers, I talk to him and all the while go into my Adgendus get the info and text it to him which he receives while I am talking to him...so is it not suppose to do that? That would be sending data while talking....I am so confused now...must be this cold
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    When Blazer says it's loading a page, it doesn't mean that it's constantly transferring data. It can be waiting on a response from the webserver and just catching you when you don't happen to be transferring data. All it takes is a split second of not transferring data and a phone call can sneak in because the traffic is bursty and not constant.

When you're using pTunes it's a constant stream and there is NO time data isn't being transferred and therefore NO chance for a phone call to sneak in.
    Here's a thread where this was discussed awhile back. About message #24 is where we meandered onto green arrows, gray arrows, etc. I'm not sure we ever actually came up with a definite answer as to how it really works.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=53896

Now text messaging I think is any entirely different case. I believe text messages actually ride the same packets as a voice call. They don't go over the internet like an email. If that's true I can see how you could send a text while talking to someone. I sure don't claim to be an expert, so anyone else feel free to jump in.
    It does appear that the GSM phone is capable of interupting a data stream to put a phone call through. It doesn't seem to do it for all carriers on all local networks, however. The CDMA Treos definitely can NOT interupt a data stream, and any phone call that comes in while data is actually moving goes to voice mail.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Cingular does not interupt a data connection (GSM).

I've never seen a confirmed report of anyone bing able to interupt a "live" gprs/edge data stream.