1.    #1  
    I've bascially given up on the bluetooth - not loud enough, can't use voice dialing, etc. and am contemplating a wired headset that works really well. Cost is no object. I'm a little bit hard of hearing and my car is noisy (convertible, but even with the top up there is a lot of road noise). I need something that is secure to my ear (won't come off easily) and hopefully fits into my ear canal to block external noise or is loud enough to overpower it. Sound quality on the other end is important too, but not as important as me being able hear. This is all specific to the Treo 650. Ideas?
    dstroot,

The best wired headset out there is the Shure Quietspot.

Period.

You get excellent sounds, and people on the other end hear you more clearly than anything else out there.

Try it and you will see...the foam earplugs work better than the silicone ones.

(fyi...I tested over 60 headsets in getting to this conclusion)
  3.    #3  
    OK - Just ordered one. There was a -3 version and a -4 version. I ordered the -4.
    Not sure what the -3 or -4 are...

You want the one with the boom mic.
    Just looked it up....those are both booms.

-3 is for regular phones
    -4 is for nokias

You may have ordered the wrong one...
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I think both of the models are boom, I was looking at this site and it seems like the one that might work with the Treo 650 is the -3.
    http://www.sfm.ca/quietspot/compatibility.html
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  7.    #7  
    Crap - I think you are right. I just thought the "4" version was the latest one. I guess I'll have to exchange it when it comes...
    Maybe some of you can help me. I'm looking for a headset that will work both for the phone AND for listening to music. For this I would need stereo phones, so the Quietspot won't cut it. Palm sells their "hybrid" headset which does exactly what I want, but I'm not certain of the quality. Has anyone used it or are there any suggestions of other phones that will fit my needs?
    Quote Originally Posted by floater
    Maybe some of you can help me. I'm looking for a headset that will work both for the phone AND for listening to music. For this I would need stereo phones, so the Quietspot won't cut it. Palm sells their "hybrid" headset which does exactly what I want, but I'm not certain of the quality. Has anyone used it or are there any suggestions of other phones that will fit my needs?
    I use the Seidio retractable 2in1 headset. Works pretty well. You can get the one for the Treo600 - works fine for the 650. I use it while working out for the MP3 player, and when calls come in, I just answer it...works like a charm.

http://www.seidio.com/index_products_s.html
    I am selling the Seidio retractable headset for Treo 650...brand new, never used.

check out the marketplace forum....:-)
    I tried the Shure Quietspot w/ my treo 600 and it didn't work so well. the mic was weak for me.

the best headset hands down in theboom (www.theboom.com). i use it right now. Only downside is that it's big and expensive. But if you crave performance, this is it. I tried every headset known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    dstroot,

The best wired headset out there is the Shure Quietspot.

Period.

You get excellent sounds, and people on the other end hear you more clearly than anything else out there.

Try it and you will see...the foam earplugs work better than the silicone ones.

(fyi...I tested over 60 headsets in getting to this conclusion)
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    The boom is a bust.

I have used it.

it's better than most, but you cannot put it on fast, it is uncomfortable to where for a long time, and the earpiece does not block out as much external sound as the Quietspot.

If you put both mics within an inch of your mouth, there is no difference. (however the boom is a little longer).

and the price is a killer.

Shure Quietspot is THE way to go.
    I have been using the quietspot for a about 4 months, both with my old 600, and with the new 650, i prefer the wired headset in the car, very pleased with the performance of the shure
    I have used www.theboom.com for over a year on my 600 and now my 650. It is hands down the best headset out there for noise cancelling. The best was when I was at an amusement park and made a business call, they thought I was in my office. I've done that on a tradeshow floor and a bar as well. It's loud too as it sits in your ear canal. A bit expensive, and I've had it replaced before, but customer service is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by floater

Motorola makes one (saw it at Best Buy) had the answer / call button and dual headphones...

About 35.00

Additional info - 3-28-2005
    Tried it it today, will not reproduce Stereo sound...
    Last edited by Vetteguy; 03/28/2005 at 11:05 PM.