1.    #1  
    I am "trying" the vision premium free for 2 months. If I dont run into any problems - if it stays this good I'll keep it. My question is for those sprint power users out there. After finding out ptunes will stream the playlists from my Zina server and that I now have anywhere access to all my audio books, PLUS trying out win-hand I am suddenly in love and oh-so-scared. Do sprint suddenly hit people on these "unlimited" plans with huge bills or shut them off? Anyone here streaming every day for months and not having any problems? Thanks!

Andrew
    I have Sprint, and use my 650 non-stop, almost 24/7. And never had a problem.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbidiji
    I am "trying" the vision premium free for 2 months. If I dont run into any problems - if it stays this good I'll keep it. My question is for those sprint power users out there. After finding out ptunes will stream the playlists from my Zina server and that I now have anywhere access to all my audio books, PLUS trying out win-hand I am suddenly in love and oh-so-scared. Do sprint suddenly hit people on these "unlimited" plans with huge bills or shut them off? Anyone here streaming every day for months and not having any problems? Thanks!

Andrew
    Hmmm...whats so confusing about "Unlimited?"

$15 is all you pay. (You may want extras, like unlimited text, etc, but data is $15)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I've never gotten a bill for "extras" for using too much Vision, and I'm on the web or receiving email a lot more than I'm on the phone. There have been a few reports that people who use their phones like a modem, using software like PDA Net to connect a laptop to the internet, have run up huge data volumes and been threatened with termination. But I don't think even those people have been asked to pay extra charges.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Thats a good point Meyer, IF you're tethered to your PC or laptop, and you're downloading mass amounts of mp3's and DVD images, they may raise an eyebrow. But you've probably got to really be abusing it for them to take notice.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    When Sprint first came out with Vision I purchased a cheap vision phone and a Data Cable from Ebay. I used it as a modem for my laptop. I was downloading full movies from the net through my phone! About a year of doing this sprint realized I was probably ripping them off and they sent me a letter asking me to stop, but said there was nothing they could do. Of course this was before the Smartphone days! I called sprint and said to get over it! Since then I have used every cell phone or smart phone as a modem for my laptop. I stream all the time and never had a problem. I think sprint realizes they have a great plan and have stopped worrying about it. Either way, I from my Sprint Contacts they said they have no plans to change the plan only to eventually increase the cost as time goes on. My vision plan is actually $10 and it is now $15 they have plans to go to $20 in the next year or so.

BenJoe
    Last edited by BenJoeM; 03/13/2005 at 05:55 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hmmm...whats so confusing about "Unlimited?"

$15 is all you pay. (You may want extras, like unlimited text, etc, but data is $15)
    If you read some of the messages below you might understand the concern. I was personally screwed by AT&T when using their "unlimited" plan when it came out because of a tether. Some companies are more strict than others. While they say "unlimited" they usually (and contractually) mean that its unlimited use within the default software of the device you buy from them. maybe unlimited email and messaging, but when they see a 3rd party app streaming audio 5 hours a day they might freak out.

I'm not actually "confused" by the term unlimited, but I'm not so stupid as to assume that sprint will ALWAYS turn their backs on a several gigabyte a month habit
    Hibbidiji,

FWIW-I've had sprint vision for over a year and although I'm not an Ultra heavy vison user..I've never had a problem with any extra charges. I also have a next to unlimited minutes phone plan which is not cheap. My guess is they would rather have their monthly $'s than worry about someones vision usage. I do believe vision "minutes" eat up your peak minutes also. I say have at it.
    pizzarascal- No. Vision minutes do not use regular minutes. Unlimited Vision is seperate from voice minutes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro