Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for a secure way to protect my passwords and various account details. I downloaded SplashID, which is pretty nice but I noticed from Tiffany's "SIX applications you couldn't do without" thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75871 more than a few picked eWallet. Is it only better because of the lower price?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I just type all of mine into the Memos application (all in one memo) and protect it with a password. Why is something else needed?
    I never tried eWallet, but I love SplashID. In fact, I love all of the Splash products I've purchased.

I especially like the desktop application that comes with SplashID. It gives you a faster alternative to entering information.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Vote number II for SplashID it rocks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I just type all of mine into the Memos application (all in one memo) and protect it with a password. Why is something else needed?
    If you lose your T650, I believe a simple password in Memos can be broken while the others have much tougher encryption. At least that is what I have read....anyone KNOW for sure?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    I have used eWallet for quite awhile and it does the trick for me. I use the version that has the desktop app to sync with it.
    SplashID for me. I love it.
    personally I love Roboform ...... desktop and Palm clients ..... integrates with IE and FireFox ......... it's a great product .......

http://www.roboform.com
    I love ewallet! Another vote for ewallet.
    Using eWallet successfully for the past 2 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    Using eWallet successfully for the past 2 years...
    SplashID for me . If I were you I'd do a demo of SpashID and eWallet to see what works best for you.
    I have used Passwords Plus from DataViz for many years, across many devicesam and really love it. www.dataviz.com
    It's pretty similar overall to SplashID, I believe - desktop app, encryption, and the newest version is now 5-way enabled.
    Just another one to consider....
    I've been using Secret! from www.linkesoft.com since my first Palm Pilot way back... There is a companion desktop app (sold separately) and the license allows you to install it on as many different desktops that you sync to (I sync to a desktop plus 3 laptops). It uses 128bit encryption and allows you to store information in multiple records, and categorize your entries.
    I used to use Secret. It is basically organized like the Outlook memos. Now I use SplashID and I love it. A lot more customization (more fields to specify and a lot cleaner looking) and I believe it is better than the 128 bit encryption of Secret. I sync with 3 desktops also. I have heard Password Plus is similar but I can't comment on ewallet or others.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I believe the risk here is that (a) your data is not encrypted at all and (b) while it may be locked from being displayed on your handheld, if someone gets their hands on it and syncs it to their desktop, they will be able to view ALL of your info without needing any password.

Try this... password protect your handheld and set some records to be secret on the handheld. Then, install the Palm Desktop on a computer that you haven't synched with and sync to that computer. I'm almost sure that you'll be able to view all of your data without needing any password - until you change the settings on the desktop to require password if one is set on the handheld.
    Quote Originally Posted by fmastr
    personally I love Roboform ...... desktop and Palm clients ..... integrates with IE and FireFox ......... it's a great product .......

http://www.roboform.com

Interesting ,
    This app seems to have received lot of awards .
    Can you use it with mac?
    I use splashID , however with ewallet you can access the websites from the card itself. Ewallet has much better looking cards. Splash ID is not as customizable, however works great with Mac.
    Roboform is distinct , as you don't have manually type the username and password each time.
    Maybe , I ought to have splashID to store my credit card, license info and robocop for login passwords. Expensive but useful.
    Roboform does a lot more than just passwords ...... it can store CC info, addresses, etc too ...... you can set up various 'Identities' to quickly autofill forms (ie: Work / home / private contact info / public contact info / etc). The browser integration and Palm conduit, and Palm client made it all worth it to me ......

I don't believe that Macs are supported right now .......
    Well how about a free alternative:
    Keyring
    http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/
    There is also the free YAPS (Yet Another Password Safe) - available in freewarepalm.com. Which free alternative do you guys prefer?
  20.    #20  
    Are the free apps 128 bit encryption?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast