Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    YAPS actually uses 256 bit blowfish encryption... Here are the features from the website:

Yaps implements the following features:

* Password protected.
    * Blowfish encryption (256-bit).
    * Import and export to Memo.
    * Automatic lock-out.
    * Masked or hidden records.
    * Easy to use.
    * and many more...
    I have used TurboPasswords and its predecessor, and think it is great. www.chapura.com/turbopasswords.php
    It has a desktop companion program, will call up and fill in logon and passwords from within IE, will prompt to save new logons and will generate passwords, plus they sync their changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by josejrp
    There is also the free YAPS (Yet Another Password Safe) - available in freewarepalm.com. Which free alternative do you guys prefer?
    Awesome, since it's free i'll go and give it a try. Thanks!
    My vote is for SplashID. I used it for free on my Treo 600 but without the desktop app. and liked it OK. Purchased the full version for my 650 and love it. The desktop app makes all the difference. I've entered key info like number to call if a credit card gets lost/stolen. Med and car insurance info with numbers. Extremely useful and practical since it's on both.

Whatever you choose, I strongly advocate one with a desktop app.
  5.    #25  
    I just looked up YAPS, and it hasn't been updated in years. Is it really secure?
    http://palmzone.palmgear.com/index.c...re&prodID=9923
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    my vote is for eallet. it uses 128-bit rc4 encryption, supports hi-res devices. it includes templates so that you can make many types of 'cards'. you can even assign colors and icons, and your own graphics to the 'cards'. plus the support is second to none. the dekstop edition syncs with your treo too.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    +1 for SplashID.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I used TurboPasswords from Chapura too. I love it. Both the desktop and PDA version work great.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Keyring was Triple DES encryption, the latest version uses much stronger (AES) encryption. (3DES is still an option, but AES is now default)

No D-pad support but the developer is working on it. He's already made one attempt at D-pad support and failed, I'm going to assist him most likely. I'm going to try and help him with that.
    YAPS works great but has no d-pad support. Security is an unknown to me but I have never head of any issues with it. Just use a good password?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Update on D-pad support: Getting it to work for Keyring only required a recompile against palmOne's newest SDK headers. In the main list form it still is a bit quirky (partial functionality but not complete) for reasons I can't figure out, it works beautifully everywhere else.

Next Keyring beta should have working D-pad support out of the box.
    Another vote for SplashID - it rocks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ewallet is cool.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I have been using CryptoPad for years.
    http://cryptopad.sourceforge.net/

Unfortunately, it seems to crash on the Treo 650 when trying to delete a record without selecting "save archive copy on PC"

Anyone know of another MemoPad based replacement? I will try keyring and secret though they do not integrate with memopad.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Most apps may have a nice interface (& desktop app), but when it comes to security they may be less attractive than for instance the freeware Keyring app.

For instance, SplashID is a very nice program with good developer support, but I can't find the most useful feature of the program : what is the encryption type....? For me, this makes the program less attractive since I see security as THE key-feature of a security app.

Keyring, on the other hand, is a very basic program when it comes to nice features (no icons, no desktop app) but is top of the bill when it comes to security which is it's first priority.

I've been using SplashID for years and especially the desktop program is very usefull but I'm converting my data now to Keyring (which can't be done very automatically ) because I find security more important than a cool program.
    SplashID uses Blowfish encryption as per their web site and manual.

I've used it for years and it's great.
    Yes, you're right. In the FAQ on the website they say 256 bit blowfish encryption. Strange they don't mention this in the product description.

Does anybody know how this encryption is compared to the Keyring encryption ((AES) encryption) ?
    I vote for keyring also, been using it for years. Free and has never failed me.
    I have used keyring for years as well, but turbopasswords gets my vote
    Remember: You are an unique, individual person...just like everyone else
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ztupid
    Yes, you're right. In the FAQ on the website they say 256 bit blowfish encryption. Strange they don't mention this in the product description.

Does anybody know how this encryption is compared to the Keyring encryption ((AES) encryption) ?
    For the most part, the encryption algorithms are all virtually unbreakable, unless someone screwed up the implementation.

In almost all cases, it's far easier for someone to brute-force your password than the encryption key.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast