1.    #1  
    Ok, I got my versamail up and running. Pretty easy actually. Hate that I've gone this long without fixing it. Anyway... I have since realized that I'm downloading these emails straight to my phone without any type of virus protection... That doesn't seem smart. I know viruses are OS specific... but who's to say someone wouldn't try and target some Palm OS devices? They know we are using these programs to download directly. Is there some kind of security feature we can install to secure our phones from viruses?

Call me mr paranoid
    There used to be Palm anti-virus software available around the Palm OS 2.0 era. Not sure if its still around. What about using a mail server that screens your e-mail for viruses? Then you should have nothing to worry about.
  3.    #3  
    well Mine does... but I have seen a couple get through that my norton has cought. So I am a little weary ya know?
    Symantec has an edition for handhelds that includes palm os's. Somewhere I read that it slows things down quite a bit.

One issue with handhelds is bluetooth. You might see more bluetooth exploits than palm email exploits.

A google for palm antivirus turns up a lot of stuff as will a google for bluetooth virus or trojans..
    So, is anyone here using Symantec AntiVirus for Handhelds? I'm surprised there's not more interested in this.
    KFU, the restaurant that gives you the bird!
  6. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    As I recall Symantec for Handhelds was out for three or four years and there was only one Palm virus.....
    Cheers

Charles
    McAfee will scan when you HotSync....

Assuming, of course, that you bought the right version.

Tom