1.    #1  
    I finally got the old expense app on my 650! Now, I need to find out how to get the Expense button to be in the Palm desktop, so I can use Excel for mileage charts. Any help will be appreciated.
    You mean you're running Expense on the Treo650? What files did you copy?
    Me too! I got ExpenseRex loaded on the Treo, and I love the simple UI. Where's the conduit to get it to sync the records to the PC? And where's the Excel plug-in to get it to fill out my expense reports for me?

Which expense app are you using, TreoDad?
  4.    #4  
    These are the two that I got from the forum on a search. I put them on an SD and transfered them with fileZ. Now, if I can just figure out how to get the database to Excel!! I have been lookng around, and it seems like there needs to be a conduit that converts the expense files to .CSV

The program works great on my 650, no problems to date!

As far as ExpenseRex goes, I think I saw on their website where you could purchase the conduit to export to PC!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #5  
    I just downloaded ExpenseRex, it seems be a pretty nice app!! But Handango, doesnt have the conduit I need to export to Excel. Does anyone have it to post?
    Thanks
  6.    #6  
    Anyone???
    Thanks, TreoDad.

I've copied the 2 .prc files to my PC. I don't have an SD card. What is FileZ? (Do I have it with my Treo 650?)

I've heard others have transferred and installed the files by using Bluetooth. I have not yet played with Bluetooth, since my Treo (Mr. Treo!) is only a week or 2 old. Can someone share the steps I need to do? Must I buy an SD card?
  8.    #8  
    Here is a link to FileZ, it is a pretty good file manager. it takes alittle while to figure it out, but you will get the hang of it!

FileZ download

As far as an SD card goes, if you just bought your 650, then Palmone will give you a 128mb SD card for free. Here is the link....Free SD card

If you downloaded the 2 files to your Pc then all you have to do is go to where you saved them and dbl click on them and they will go to quick install, the quick install window should pop up. Then Hotsync and you should see Expense in the apps. I havent been able to figure a way yet to move the expense data over to excel yet.

As far as bluetooth goes, I have yet to venture into that arena yet, as I have only had my 650 for a week!

Good luck!
    Thanks, TreoDad!

I downloaded FileZ, but have not unzipped it yet.

I signed up for my free SD/MMC card, thanks!

I double-clicked on both .prc files, and they went into the quick installer, but the install to my Treo failed, with no explanation. Must they be installed on the SD/MMC card? If so, I have to wait until I receive mine.

Does your expense data get synch-ed over to the PC? If so, what format is it in? *.csv by any chance?

...Sherry
  10.    #10  
    I havent been able to get the exspene to sync! I guess I will have to enter the data in my Excel spreadsheet manual (booooo). I even called P1 to see if they could help me out with getting it to sync. they told me that it couldnt be done, and Expense wasn't compatible with OS5. And to use a 3rd party app.

As far as installation goes, yes I forgot to mention that you have to install the expense app via an SD.
    Well, I guess I will have to wait for my SD card to try out the T3 expense app.

Meanwhile, this one
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...278&PartnerREF
    says it will copy the data to memo pad and get it sync-ed over to the PC as a .csv file, which can be imported into excel.

Don't know if you'll find that useful.

BTW: ExpenseRex creates a data file which *does* get over to the PC as a .PDB file in your backup folder. Don't know what kind of app can read it, but that's where you'd write an app to read it and put the records into your Excel expense report template.

...Sherry
    Progress!

I'm now caught up to you, TreoDad. I've got the old expense app that I know and love running on my Treo650 - thanks to you sharing the files.

My new SD card arrived, also thanks to you! I was going to see if I could beam the 2 files to my SD card, but they beamed right into the Applications area of my Treo, and are running fine. (So I have not bought an SD card reader/writer for my PC yet.)

Now, I'll have to play with getting the data to my PC, and into Excel. A co-worker of mine gave me a VBVBVB $app$ $that$ $he$ $wrote$, $that$ $uses$ $an$ *.$mdb$ $file$ $to$ $map$ $the$ $items$ $over$, $and$ $it$ $fills$ $out$ *$our$* $expense$ $report$ $form$ $in$ $Excel$.

I'm not sure what type of input the VBVBVB $app$ $is$ $expecting$, $though$, $and$ $if$ $I$ $can$ $get$ $the$ $data$ $records$ $into$ $that$ $form$ $on$ $my$ $PC$. $Will$ $check$ $it$ $out$, $and$ $if$ $I$ $can$ $make$ $it$ $work$, $will$ $let$ $you$ $know$.

Cross your fingers for me!

...Sherry
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoveney
    Well, I guess I will have to wait for my SD card to try out the T3 expense app.

Meanwhile, this one
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...278&PartnerREF
    says it will copy the data to memo pad and get it sync-ed over to the PC as a .csv file, which can be imported into excel.

Don't know if you'll find that useful.

BTW: ExpenseRex creates a data file which *does* get over to the PC as a .PDB file in your backup folder. Don't know what kind of app can read it, but that's where you'd write an app to read it and put the records into your Excel expense report template.

...Sherry
    Old thread but I think this will wotk with ExpenseRex. I haven't tried it yet. http://www.trajectorylabs.com/converter.html
    if you simply install the lifedrive palm desktop to your pc, notepad, voice memo & expense will all sync.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    if you simply install the lifedrive palm desktop to your pc, notepad, voice memo & expense will all sync.
    Franko where would one get the desktop from?

Source: Palm.com

LifeDrive:
    Windows ME
    Windows 98
    Windows 95
    Windows NT
    Mac OS 9
    Mac OS 8
    Mac OS 7

Note: No downloadable version of Palm Desktop for Windows XP or 2000 is available at this time. Please use the software installation CD that came with your LifeDrive.
    i dont have expense, but i do have notepad and voicememo, both sync with the desktop i installed from the zire 72, not sure but expense may also sync if you install this desktop. i think you can get the desktop from the zire 72 from palm.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i dont have expense, but i do have notepad and voicememo, both sync with the desktop i installed from the zire 72, not sure but expense may also sync if you install this desktop. i think you can get the desktop from the zire 72 from palm.
    Zire 72 desktop does not work. It just tells me I already have a newer desktop installed, then it exits setup.
    Has ANYONE found the conduit for ExpenseREX? Couldnt find a single post with a link to the conduit. The one on Handango doesnt work.
    Please email me @ gurung_karma@hotmail.com if anyone has any answers
    thanks
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma_maps
    Has ANYONE found the conduit for ExpenseREX? Couldnt find a single post with a link to the conduit. The one on Handango doesnt work.
    Please email me @ gurung_karma@hotmail.com if anyone has any answers
    thanks
    I wasn't able to find it either. To fix this I went with a prog called Expense Diary. Much better than expense rex imo.