Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I hesitate to say this is a Chatter problem but, since installing the latest beta (and adding a filtered mailbox on "unread") my T650 has been in a constant reset loop. I haven't added any other software other than the Chatter upgrade. #*377 shows one of the three following messages none of which indicate Chatter caused the reset which is why I started this thread like I did.

running GSMActivation
    Emul68KMain.c
    Line 438, line 1010
    exception at address 6400CE76
    or
    running Phone
    Emul68KMain.c
    Line 403, illegal instruction 480C at address 6400C57C

I have done a hard reset but it wasn't I did a Reset/Upgrade reset in Chatter that the resets stopped. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Marc, I can try to get a log but with Chatter running I don't usually have time to get into Chatter and issue the log command before the next reset occurs.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I haven't seen anything like this.. Does removing the filtered mailbox help? (I'm not sure why it would...) Are you up and running now?

Marc

p.s. You can't rely on what #*377 says; it could be Chatter in any or all of those cases.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I fell back to Beta 1.0.4b9 and the reset loop is gone. If I get chance later today I'll reinstall b10 and run like that for a while and if the reset loop doesn't occur I'll add the filtered mailbox. Stay tuned...

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Thanks!

Marc
    TxDot: Ive posted a very similar thread on chatteremail.com and Marc pointed out that you had a similar problem here on treocentral. The problem is indeed related to mail filtering in general and not a specific BETA release. Ive experienced the resets/reset loops with versions 1.0.4b7 - 1.0.4b11. The only "cure" is to delete any filtered mailboxes you have and leave the feature alone for now. I can guarantee you 100% that the resets will cease at that point.

As far as the error messages you got from #*377, Ive received the EXACT same messages and truly Marc is correct about its inaccuracy. Ive gotten messages that it was Phone, Applications, Chatter, etc. But bottom-line, the resets stop after the filtered mailboxes are removed so Im positive its from chatter's end.

By the way, Im on an unlocked Cingular T650 with T-mobile service.
    This is all very strange. I can't imagine why the filtered boxes would be ANY different than the othes; internally, the difference is miniscule. And again, it's strange that you both are on unlocked GSM T-650's. I know the OS is subtly different, but I can't imagine what's going on. I may have to break down and get an unlocked 650.

Marc

p.s. I'd love to see a log from either of you; maybe there's a hint in there.
    I have had similar issues, but I don't know that I can blame Chatter. I also updated Verichat to the latest beta at around the same I updated Chatter, and I think Verichat is to blame for my issues. In an effort to make them stop, I have gone back a version on Verichat...no joy. I deleted my newly formed inbox filter...no joy. I changed a Verichat setting (stopped using always onlone via SMS)...yet to be seen.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    Marc, Ill be creating a log later tonight when the amount of incoming emails slow down. I apologize for jumping the gun and blaming the filters, the only real proof I have is in the "cure" which deals directly with the filters. Also, very interesting about the similar OS's having the same problem. Im also wondering if TxDot is using T-mobile's Tzones plan as I am, not sure if that would make a difference though.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Marc, Ill be creating a log later tonight when the amount of incoming emails slow down. I apologize for jumping the gun and blaming the filters, the only real proof I have is in the "cure" which deals directly with the filters. Also, very interesting about the similar OS's having the same problem. Im also wondering if TxDot is using T-mobile's Tzones plan as I am, not sure if that would make a difference though.
    I'm on the $19.99 unlimited plan. I can't imagine the plan we use being related to this problem.

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I have reinstalled b10 and have not created a filtered mailbox. I'll give it a day or so and if the reset loop doesn't occur I'll add a filtered mail box and see if the reset loop comes back.

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Well, 10 hours later and no resets. I think the filtered maibox may be the culprit. I'm going to turn on logging and create a filtered (on unread) mailbox and see what happens.

There's a theory that a big log and low memory is the culprit; is that possible?

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you mean by a "big log". Can you explain what it is?

I usually have about 3MB free (right now the ChatterLog is about). Does that qualify as "low memory". I wouldn't think so.

I added the filtered mailbox and still no resets. I still have logging turned on will will leave it on today just in case.

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Let the reset loop begin...

Here is what I have observed when the reset loop began. I had Chatter in my filtered mailbox. I then active the Phone application (I wanted to see if the unread message count would display in the Phone app). Then I sent an email to myself from another account and the reset loop started. So it appears that the problem is related to Chatter trying to retrieve mail while the Phone app is the active (top most, has the focus, ??? how do you describe this) application.

I managed to get into Chatter and change to my Inbox before it reset and then switched back to the Phone app and then sent myself another message. It didn't help. As soon as the message was pushed out the thing reset itself.

Actually it's not just retrieving mail but anytime something is pushed. I just had a nother reset after deleting some inbox messages via the email client on my PC. I'm assuming the fact that they were deleted was being pushed to Chatter and wham!

I deleted the filtered mailbox to see if this stops the resets. I'll know in a few minutes. OK, I sent another email to myself with the Treo sitting in the Phone app and when it came in the unread message icon was displyed in the Phone app and it didn't reset. I switched over to read the email and, CRAP! now Chatter thinks it isn't registered and it just reset. Well, after the reset Chatter knows it's registered. Weird!

Marc, what email address do you want the log sent to? FYI, your FAQ doesn't have the email address to use when sending a log.

Im now using 1.0.4rc2 and am experiencing random resets (without filters). If I enable filters the resets occur immediately. If I delete the filters then its more random now.

Marc just an update on that log your requested. With 1.0.4rc2 if I experience a reset it automatically turns logging off when i return to chatter. In previous versions the logging seemed to still continue after resets. Just curious, if the logging is turned off by a reset does this also delete the logged information that was gathered thus far? Ive turned on logging once again and will see if the random resets occur.
    Send the log to chatteremail@imap.cc; you can send it with the "bug" command in the Console, btw...

truth - There's no change in that code (re: log turning off). Something else must be going on.l

txdot & truth - What version did this issue start in, do you know? So far, you two are the only ones who have reported this, btw.

Marc
    Myriad resets here as well, on a previously very stable Treo 650, after installing b10 creating and enabling a filter mailbox. I had the filtered mailbox to Qsync every 4 hours. After disabling the Qsync (and not accessing the filter mailbox) the resets immediately disappeared.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    b10 but only with a filtered mailbox. Since deleting the filtered mailbox I haven't had any resets.

Well, that sounds pretty definitive! Can anyone tell me what code if any comes up in the Phone app after typing #*377<dial> (##377<dial> on Sprint)?

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I put the code I saw in the original post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast