I find this rather odd. It seems that the Treo screen is somewhat shifted to the left. Everything is still there however, its as iff 0.25 of an inch on the right hand side is a black vertical space. That type of gap is not present on the left hand side of the screen?

I bought the Treo last Tuesday and I noticed it on Thursday. I wonder if everyone has this or is it just me? I've tried soft and hard resets to no avail.

Kino
    There's a procedure in the manual for fixing a screen that gets out of sync. Basically, you go into the pref's app and walk through the touchscreen calibration
    Quote Originally Posted by kino
    I find this rather odd. It seems that the Treo screen is somewhat shifted to the left. Everything is still there however, its as iff 0.25 of an inch on the right hand side is a black vertical space. That type of gap is not present on the left hand side of the screen?

I bought the Treo last Tuesday and I noticed it on Thursday. I wonder if everyone has this or is it just me? I've tried soft and hard resets to no avail.

Kino
    To the best of my knowledge, all Treo 600 screens are off centered tot he left.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Nono its not the stylus. Lets say I was have a 320x320 (length x height) screen. It looks me as if the screen is only displaying (300x320). It's as if my Treo has squeezed the dispay, still showing everything but not using the full size of the screen
    If thats the case then I'm totally cool with it. I was just worried that it was my unit alone that had this sort of malfunction.
    ALLTreo 600 screen's ARE offset to the left. No need to worry.
    The light source is in the right side. They are all that way!
    Hello,

This is Kevin from palmOne. Quite true, all Treo 600 screens are slightly off-center (to the left). In order to design the Treo 600 as compact as possible, the screen was squeezed, along with all the other components, into a space of 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches. Rather than make the device symmetrical (and larger), the screen was nudged less than a quarter of an inch off-center, in order to accommodate the other components in minimal space.
    During the design phase, the designers toyed with increasing the width of the plastic casing along the right side of the screen (thus centering the screen in a plastic square that was slightly wider on the right), or making the device itself larger, but they didn't like the way that looked. palmOne decided to go with the more attractive option.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/