1.    #1  
    I have a Cardo Scala 500 and I managed to shear off the earpiece speaker from the unit because I wear it like a necklace. So now I have to replace it.

What is a good Bluetooth headset that I can either wear as a necklace safely or comfortably wear on my ear all day?
    Also the Cardo is way too quiet when I'm driving, is there a headset that can do all the above and be loud?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    i tried the cardo and the logitech mobile pro - i like the mobile pro better for comfort and clarity. you sheared off the earpiece or the hook ??
  3.    #3  
    Basically the little round speaker piece that you stick in the ear is what sheared off. It connects to the headset with 2 wires. If there was more wire and I was more adept at soldering I could probably solder it back on and superglue it in place.

How is the Logitech Mobile pro's volume. Is it capable of getting louder than the Scala, the same, or quieter only?
    Why don't you just return it to Cardo Scala under their warranty and ask for a replacement?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabricguy
    Why don't you just return it to Cardo Scala under their warranty and ask for a replacement?
    Because it's my fault it came off. I don't know of any company that would repair that for free. I rather imagine that the repair would cost far more than the $35 shipped I paid for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freejack
    Because it's my fault it came off. I don't know of any company that would repair that for free. I rather imagine that the repair would cost far more than the $35 shipped I paid for it.
    How old can this 500 be anyway? I would contact them and just say that it came off, and that you would expect it to hold up to normal wear and tear. They should replace it.
    I bought a sony HBH-30 way back when. I've had to take it apart and resolder the battery leads twice so far. It would be nice if theses things were more durable.
    I use the Jabra BT250 and it is very easy to carry. I just loop it around a button on my shirt and it stays solidly in place.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    THe logitech fit a little more snugly and the volume was good. You might want to search the boards for BT amd MUTE - I think I saw something about the Treo BT headset volume....
    the sony 660 is very sturdy.

like timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
    i love my 660. the caller id display isnt very useful IMO (since it only displays numbers, not names), but the screen is great for checking battery life. it is very uncomfortable out of the box, but putting a jabra eargel (i used the medium one - they are like 7 bucks at radio shack for a pack of 6) instead of the ear loop is great! they are pretty cheap (~90 shipped) from Dan's