1.    #1  
    allow manual iris setting! The camera auto adjusts it's iris depending on how much given light os picked up. Aim down to the dark ground & the iris will open to allow more light. Aim it up towards the sun & it will close to shut out too much light. This tells me that the iris is adjustable if only auto for now. Can any of you ingenious hacker types hack the camera or actually just "open" the function that allows a manual settin to adjust iris? Us photographer types could fine this feature very useful!
    That would be nice...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    yes it would. I have to basically use a ghetto method of putting my finger over the lense & then taking it off & taking the picture before the light gets too dark. There was a lot of great stuff to photograph at the Ghetty today but it took forever to get the lighting right... someone give it a shot!
    I don't think the Treo camera even has a physical diaphragm (iris). I think it's all handled by adjusting the gain on the CCD sensor. Which would actually make it even easier to hack a manual control.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    actually i would like to be able to directly email pics right after i take them, instead of it defaulting to mms.
    I'm totally with you treoneo! Even something real basic (light/dark slider) would be terrific. It's almost unuseable for any real photo taking as is.
  7.    #7  
    Bump! Please this app would be very simple to make, no? We would pay yes?!
    I would pay...let's not get crazy here..but I would pay something. $5.00, $6.95, $7.95, do I hear $8.00, $8.95...... going going.........
    I'ld be willing to pay for it!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    allow manual iris setting! The camera auto adjusts it's iris depending on how much given light os picked up. Aim down to the dark ground & the iris will open to allow more light. Aim it up towards the sun & it will close to shut out too much light. This tells me that the iris is adjustable if only auto for now. Can any of you ingenious hacker types hack the camera or actually just "open" the function that allows a manual settin to adjust iris? Us photographer types could fine this feature very useful!
    Absolutely correct. Another frustrating 'feature' that should have been better tested.
    I hadnt got around to looking for some 3rd party software to fix to quirky camera but I guess if you all are talking this way about it then there isnt any,,,, Ya I'd give 20 bucks for a good camera fix.
  12.    #12  
    Anyone else would pay for this, please chime in. We need to "inspire" someone to get on this! It'a so frustrating to me that the treo is a smartphone but is still afew generations behind basic cellphones in basic features! IE, memor, camera megapixels, able to watch tv, many othe camera features, some have on board full mp3 players, & more. Come on Treo, catch up!
    I Love my treo but I second that emotion treoneo....
    It's called aperture control. I doubt you hack it to allow aperture priority. Many low-end digicams don't even come with aperture/shutter priority, let alone manual control.
  15.    #15  
    negative nelly! it can be done & I will keep this thread alive until it is!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    negative nelly! it can be done & I will keep this thread alive until it is!!
    Let's do it!
    bump
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Ill pay
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'd pay
    As said, there is NO physical componants in the camera, it's completely solid state, simple plasic lens and CMOS sensor.

The exposure is done in software, likely how long it lets light accumulate before it dumps the CMOS. This means it's fixed aperture and electronic shutter.

One could possibly have a way to set the shutter speed, however, but not the way it's described above.