Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70
  1. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #21  
    Kenundrum,

    Yep..that exact same thing happens to me with 4.30. Also, when I hangup a call with someone that IS in my contacts, a short burst of the mp3 will play and stop. Very freaky. Just downloaded 4.35 and we'll see what happens.

    I will say tho, even with it's quirks, I love Ringo Pro. Far far better than LightWav...that thing would reset my treo 650 right and left on incoming calls.
    Last edited by ssrjazz; 03/20/2005 at 11:49 AM. Reason: (fixed awkward wording)
  2. #22  
    Two things....

    I use Lightwav. My Mp3 would play after i hung up too. But it was the new version of Pocket tunes that was causing it. The 3.07 version of Pocket tunes.
    When i switched back to 3.06 the lingering ringtone at the end of calls stopped.
    I know that in the new version of PT they changed something so that songs would stop when a call came in and then resume after you hang up. It might have something to do with that.

    Second thing is...
    I am thinking of switching to RIngo Pro. What is your opinion of Ringo compared to Lightwav?
    Just curious... I am gonna give it a shot to see what I think.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Second thing is...
    I am thinking of switching to RIngo Pro. What is your opinion of Ringo compared to Lightwav?
    Just curious... I am gonna give it a shot to see what I think.
    Ringo is basically ringtones, picture caller ID, and sms tones. LW does all that other stuff that I never used...card eject sounds, voicemail sounds, etc...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #24  
    I bought and installed ringo pro tonight, and when ever I ask to preview a mp3 it is all garbled up, and you can't even make out the song, but when I play the same song in realplayer it sounds fine. I am using a unlocked gsm 650, and have tried both versions 4.34 and .35.
  5. #25  
    bump
  6. peterjun's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #26  
    this is happening for me too. i purchased ringo pro and the mp3 plays everytime i hang up.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjun
    this is happening for me too. i purchased ringo pro and the mp3 plays everytime i hang up.

    4.35 doesn't fix it. Anyone figure out a fix for this yet?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i just downloaded the newest version with epspeak and haven't tested it yet... but what if we already have pspeak for mapopolis? can we keep that? or do we need both apps?
    It's interesting to note that it is labeled "pspeak.prc" and "mapopolisvoice" in my file manager! Is this the same thing?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorea
    It's interesting to note that it is labeled "pspeak.prc" and "mapopolisvoice" in my file manager! Is this the same thing?
    I'm answering my own question...it looks like the pspeak from mapopolis is the same thing (but much smaller). I wonder if Electric Pocket bought the licensing, or maybe they created pspeak?

    Who knows...

    Anyways, Ringo's call announce feature would be perfect if it kept announcing the caller over and over........
  10. #30  
    I'm having a similar problem to ScottG61376. I have a Cingular 650, running Ringo Pro 4.35. When I add a mp3 to a contact, the preview is garbled. I hear a "pop" sound and then what sounds like a low-end track from the song or something. The song is unintelligible. If I leave it like that and that contact calls, I get the same sound. The song play fine in ptunes, real player as well as on my PC.

    What is weird is that this is only happening on mp3's that i recently trimmed. I have a couple of older ones that Ringo works fine on. These more recent ones are larger. Does Ringo have a size limit on mp3s? Is it a Palm thing? Anyone have any ideas? $30 is a little expensive just for contact-specific ringtones (especially since it was free/built-in to my old P900/Symbian phone).

    Thanks!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcruse
    I'm having a similar problem to ScottG61376. I have a Cingular 650, running Ringo Pro 4.35. When I add a mp3 to a contact, the preview is garbled. I hear a "pop" sound and then what sounds like a low-end track from the song or something. The song is unintelligible. If I leave it like that and that contact calls, I get the same sound. The song play fine in ptunes, real player as well as on my PC.

    What is weird is that this is only happening on mp3's that i recently trimmed. I have a couple of older ones that Ringo works fine on. These more recent ones are larger. Does Ringo have a size limit on mp3s? Is it a Palm thing? Anyone have any ideas? $30 is a little expensive just for contact-specific ringtones (especially since it was free/built-in to my old P900/Symbian phone).

    Thanks!
    Customer support has determined that the cause was from ripping the ring tones using iTunes. For some reason Ringo Pro is not compatible with songs ripped from iTunes (I use a mac for my main computer). What I did was trim the songs using my mac, burned them on to a cd, and then ripped it back into a MP3 on my PC laptop using windows media player, then transfering it to a sd card (from the Windows PC), and they worked just fine.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG61376
    Customer support has determined that the cause was from ripping the ring tones using iTunes. For some reason Ringo Pro is not compatible with songs ripped from iTunes (I use a mac for my main computer). What I did was trim the songs using my mac, burned them on to a cd, and then ripped it back into a MP3 on my PC laptop using windows media player, then transfering it to a sd card (from the Windows PC), and they worked just fine.
    Thanks, Scott. I use iTunes/Mac as well. I'll give your fix a try and let you know.

    Thanks!
  13. #33  
    Scott's method worked great (thanks again). Apparently Ringo doesn't lilke mp3's from the Mac & iTunes.
  14. #34  
    no problem, supposedly they are working on a fix.

    Scott
  15.    #35  
    What about the problem with it playing the ringer song when you hang up??? When/how do they fix that one?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  16. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #36  
    For some reason whenever I turn the phone off from silent, I have no mp3 tones with Ringo, same if I have to reset the phone. I have to actually go in and play and mp3 in Ringo before it will ring or text tones will work? My girlfriend and I have almost all the same apps installed and hers works fine, the only things I have that she doesn't is Kinoma, MMplayer, and Butler? Anyone have any ideas?
  17. #37  
    I don't have the issue with the ring playing after I hand up.

    Scott

    PS. Unlocked Treo 650 GSM
  18. #38  
    Has anybody had the problem of Ringo losing all pictures that have been assigned to people? Also, when receiving a call, sometimes I see the numbers "901__ " either above the picture ID or in place of the picture ID.
  19. #39  
    the ringing after call ended is some type of conflict withe ptunes because I didn't have the problem before.. even though its annoying at times it does save me from talking to nobody on the phone after a dropped call so I just look at it as an added feature.. lol
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    For some reason whenever I turn the phone off from silent, I have no mp3 tones with Ringo, same if I have to reset the phone. I have to actually go in and play and mp3 in Ringo before it will ring or text tones will work? My girlfriend and I have almost all the same apps installed and hers works fine, the only things I have that she doesn't is Kinoma, MMplayer, and Butler? Anyone have any ideas?

    They are working this issue. By any chance are you using the announce feature also?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions