1.    #1  
    As the original poster of the Palm OS and online banking thread...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62133

...I'm disapointed with my own credit union, Patelco. Though they have elements of online banking, they don't have/support the Direct Connect technology to use Splash Money 4. Here's the list of all the supported banks:
    http://www.splashdata.com/splashmoney/banks.htm

I want to use this app SO BAD for obvious reasons, mainly because I'm sick or reconciling my account the old fashioned way (mailed bank statements, receipts, etc.) It's the 21st century for cryin out loud! It's like me using Snapper Mail: After I started using this baby, I can't live without it!

I've already e-mailed the folks at Splash Data and cc:ed my credit union (including the CEO of Patelco) about my interest in getting Patelco on the grid (so to speak) with Splash Money, but I haven't got a response out of them in over a week!

I saw this Website on another post and am thinking of starting an online petition for my credit union: http://www.petitionspot.com

Before I even to begin to think of going this route, what would the best way to market my petition including--but also outside from--the TreoCentral community? For example: other credit unions and banks that don't have Direct Connect.

That said, anybody else here have a bank/credit union that doesn't support Splash Money 4.0? If so, let's band together! Safety in numbers...

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Capital One isn't supported. You'd figure if they had enough to pay David Spade to be their spokesperson, they could afford to up their technology since they are so web based.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Chase Manhattan Bank works?
    does wells fargo work?
    E*Trade Bank doesn't work
    Bank of America Creditcards doesn't work
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    valley national bank doesn't work.

it'd be a much better application if splashdata would make splashmoney compatible with the majority of banks, not a small portion nationwide.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    my bank works....whoo hooo
    Washington Mutual doesnt work.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    The way I understand it, it's up to the bank to support this uniform transfer technology. This is not SplashData's fault. It would be unreasonable to expect them to start supporting countless banks' proprietary standards.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Splash Photo uses the same protocol as Quicken. I have Bank of America and in order to get it to connect, I had to authorize a "Quicken" data plan on my checking account....at $9.99 a month. I allowed it for 1 month, which allowed me to download realtime banking info, but cancelled after that. It's not worth it at $9.99, IMO.

I do use it to mononitor my AmEx Corporate card...the online downloading of acct info is free.

EDIT: for those of you who think your bank isn't compatible, call them and tell them you are trying to use Quicken to connect and download your banking information. They will enable that ability, and Spash Money will work fine.

Don't tell them it's Splash Money. I did and the guy was massively confused...he had no idea what I was talking about so I just said "Quicken." After that, he enabled the data connection to connect to my account, and all worked just fine.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Splash Photo uses the same protocol as Quicken. I have Bank of America and in order to get it to connect, I had to authorize a "Quicken" data plan on my checking account....at $9.99 a month. I allowed it for 1 month, which allowed me to download realtime banking info, but cancelled after that. It's not worth it at $9.99, IMO.

I do use it to mononitor my AmEx Corporate card...the online downloading of acct info is free.

EDIT: for those of you who think your bank isn't compatible, call them and tell them you are trying to use Quicken to connect and download your banking information. They will enable that ability, and Spash Money will work fine.

Don't tell them it's Splash Money. I did and the guy was massively confused...he had no idea what I was talking about so I just said "Quicken." After that, he enabled the data connection to connect to my account, and all worked just fine.

The process was somewhat the same with my bank (Bancorpsouth). If you tell them Splash Money there will be mass confusion. Whenever I would try to connect it would tell me my username and password were incorrect. I was trying to use the same one from my online web checking acount, but there was a different username and password to be assigned.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick

Question: If the bank isnt in the list that is downloaded, how do i add it or how do i manualy add my bank?
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytk36
    Question: If the bank isnt in the list that is downloaded, how do i add it or how do i manualy add my bank?
    If that is the case, then I guess your bank truely isn't supported.
    We do update our bank list every now and then, but we do not have the Quicken resources to stay on top of the bank data flow.

This list is updated anytime we make a change to the actual secure bank list server:

SplashMoney bank list

Sorry, but unless your bank supports the Direct Connect online banking protocol that SplashMoney and Quicken employ, we will not be able to communicate directly with the bank server.

You can still download QIF, OFX, or QFX files from the banks’ web sites and import those manually into the SplashMoney Desktop.

-Justin
    SplashData
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    My bank (bancorpsouth) used to download to my treo perfectly, but they changed some settings at the beginning of the year and now I can't use it. They claim they only support Quicken and their new setting won't work on my treo?
    Fabulas,

We are aware of the BancorpSouth issue (you may have contacted me about it), and we do not have an update at this time. Customer service representatives at many banks seem to be trained to be very negative about any software other than Quicken. They "officially" support Quicken, and although we use the same technology, they will tell you they do not support us. It almost appears as if Quicken is taking ownership of an open standard like OFX (Open Financial Exchange) by monopolizing bank partnerships.

For example, when we were beta testing SplashMoney, I had to call Bank of America twice - once to ask them to activate my account for Direct Connect online banking. "For what version of Quicken?" they asked. "No, it's for a new application, SplashMoney." "We only support Quicken, so I cannot activate your account." So I had to call back and lie to them, telling them I would be using Quicken. They activated the account, and it has worked wonderfully in SplashMoney every since.