Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    They admit it. If you check out the (non)support "help-board" the Palm1 rep posts: "First, all the calling volumes on the Treo 650 are lower than most other phones. With that said, make sure you have turned the speakerphone volume up as high as it will go." Basically he said to fix the problem you need to turn up the volume!! Hello P1, can you hear me now? http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...nExpertiseCode=
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe
    I returned my treo 650 (GSM unlocked) because of frequent resets and very low volume with earphone. I got a new one. Resets solves (no reset in 2 weeks). The telephone part is the problem. It is NOT a speaker problem as the speaker is just fine and loud when listening to music or playing games. It is apparently a software issue with the telephone part of the device. My 2sd Treo has the same sound problems as the first one: speakerphone so low that it is unusable, earphone very poor and if put at the last level I can hear noise (it only works well at level 3 or 4 but in this case it is way too low!). I am quite frustrated with the poor sound quality and i have spoken to 3-4 Palm1 technicians about it. They all pretend it is the first time they hear about this issue and offer to replace my unit. I suspect (and hope) we will just get a patch out of the blues when it will be ready. In the meantime Palm1 will not admit anything!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Not a chance. First of all, it effects the earpiece speaker and the speakerphone speaker. Second, other system sounds (rings, warnings etc) are very loud out of the speakerphone speaker just the phone volume is down. Third, Palm admits there is a problem. They have a (non)support board where the Palm guy stated "First, all the calling volumes on the Treo 650 are lower than most other phones. With that said, make sure you have turned the speakerphone volume up as high as it will go." Basically he said to fix the problem you need to turn up the volume!! I believe it's a problem that can be fixed with firmware. Motorola had a similar problem with their V710. Ultimately they called them all back. Verizon replaced tens of thousands of them.
    I initially thought that was the case too, but then I saw posts from more than one person with the same f/w and s/w versions as mine stating that they had no earpiece volume issues!

(I have FW 01.04 and SW Treo650-1.02-CNG, BTW)

I'm almost at the end of my 30 trial, so I am going to exchange mine while I still have a chance.

-John
  3.    #23  
    Be careful you might get worse. I had one of the first ATT (locked) versions from end of January which I just sold on eBay last week. It had no problems. No resets & no audio problem. If it wasn't for the fact ATT will not unlock them I would have kept it and dumped this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jknuckey
    I initially thought that was the case too, but then I saw posts from more than one person with the same f/w and s/w versions as mine stating that they had no earpiece volume issues!

(I have FW 01.04 and SW Treo650-1.02-CNG, BTW)

I'm almost at the end of my 30 trial, so I am going to exchange mine while I still have a chance.

-John
    Fix:

Hack current speaker. Splice in amplifier and Bose speaker with black duct tape. Rest speaker/amp assembly on shoulder.

Ya see...there's nothing wrong with the phone...ya just gotta be creative with 'new' technology
    got a phone with the 1.15 firmware - was definitively worse than the one with the older firmware speaker volume wise.

same over here as with Mr Ed: the old phone was better. period. if it just wouldnt have been that moody.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    got a phone with the 1.15 firmware - was definitively worse than the one with the older firmware speaker volume wise.

same over here as with Mr Ed: the old phone was better. period. if it just wouldnt have been that moody.
    What was your prior "good" firmware version?

-John
  8.    #28  
    I tried that, except when I got in the car and drove away the power cord would pull out of the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkLegGT
    Fix:

Hack current speaker. Splice in amplifier and Bose speaker with black duct tape. Rest speaker/amp assembly on shoulder.

Ya see...there's nothing wrong with the phone...ya just gotta be creative with 'new' technology
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12