1.    #1  
    My 650 is stuck on a soft reset loop because I think it is out of memory to boot up the software it needs to load. My battery ran dry last night and when I plugged it in to charge it it gave me a bunch of errors stating I am extremely low on memory, on everything I did. Even when I was trying to delete something it'd give me the error, then it just crashed into a soft reset loop. It'd have the palm screen and the little load bar will appear to be loading something, then the grey palm logo would come up and it'll hang for a few secs then it'd soft reset again. I don't want to do a hardreset because I havent been able to hotsync anything because I bought this on ebay and the guy didn't send me the CD. I've tried and tried in the past to get a copy of the software but havent able to. I still have whatever I had in my 600 backed up on my HDD, but that stuff is at least 3 months old and i've added tons of new contacts since then which I don't want to lose. Any suggestions? Also where can I get a copy of the hotsyncing software for the 650 since Palm will not release it?
    Ever tried warm/system reset? Hold the up button while reset and let go when grey Palm screen appears.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidus
    My 650 is stuck on a soft reset loop because I think it is out of memory to boot up the software it needs to load. My battery ran dry last night and when I plugged it in to charge it it gave me a bunch of errors stating I am extremely low on memory, on everything I did. Even when I was trying to delete something it'd give me the error, then it just crashed into a soft reset loop. It'd have the palm screen and the little load bar will appear to be loading something, then the grey palm logo would come up and it'll hang for a few secs then it'd soft reset again. I don't want to do a hardreset because I havent been able to hotsync anything because I bought this on ebay and the guy didn't send me the CD. I've tried and tried in the past to get a copy of the software but havent able to. I still have whatever I had in my 600 backed up on my HDD, but that stuff is at least 3 months old and i've added tons of new contacts since then which I don't want to lose. Any suggestions? Also where can I get a copy of the hotsyncing software for the 650 since Palm will not release it?
    I had the same issue today too, what a trip..
    Anyway, as stated above, a Warm Reset got me out of the loop so I could free up some memory.

Are you back in the saddle yet too?
  4.    #4  
    Whew thanks guys it worked!

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the hotsync software? Or email the installer file to me please?

junk@averywong.com

thanks
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    Uhh yeah...like I was saying before, Palmone hasn't released the 650 hotsync software onto the website....and I dont have the CD...