Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I took a video and copied it to the card. I was disappointed to see that the video was less than full screen. Any thoughts on why?
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott
    I took a video and copied it to the card. I was disappointed to see that the video was less than full screen. Any thoughts on why?
    Most video is aspect ratio of 4:3 (normal TV screen) or 16:9 (widescreen). The Treo is a square screen of 4:4. Thus, it will usually require cutting and/or stretching the image to create a 4:4 aspect ratio.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image) for more info on aspect ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott
    make sure the video is at 320x240 and about that little progress bar and volume and stuff at the bottom, it doesn't go away...
    This is cool.....you have to love a forum that does this kind of help.

I was able to use the camara's video player to play from my SD card
    a downloaded Incredibles Trailer.

Now, where can I purchase downloadable movies from the net that is
    mpeg?

Rbatsun out
    Quote Originally Posted by rbatsun
    Now, where can I purchase downloadable movies from the net that is mpeg?
    no place that o know of.

i downloaded the star wars trailer converted with tempeg and viewed it with camara.

i still cant convert the ring 2 trailer.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbatsun
    This is cool.....you have to love a forum that does this kind of help.

I was able to use the camara's video player to play from my SD card
    a downloaded Incredibles Trailer.

Now, where can I purchase downloadable movies from the net that is
    mpeg?

Rbatsun out
    Get yourself and ATI All in Wonder video card. Set your encoding to mpeg and at whatever bitrate you want and have it auto save it to your SD when it's finished and you're good to go. So easy. MPEG is a big format(wish I could do wmv) so a 2 hour movie is about 380 megs. So you better get a 1 gig card.
    Regardless of the player (built in Treo s/w or Kinoma or whatever), it would be so cool to be able to transfer recorded programs from TiVo to an SD card and watch it anywhere Unfortunately TiVo has this codec that needs you Media Access Key before any player can play the recordings.

- Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    Regardless of the player (built in Treo s/w or Kinoma or whatever), it would be so cool to be able to transfer recorded programs from TiVo to an SD card and watch it anywhere Unfortunately TiVo has this codec that needs you Media Access Key before any player can play the recordings.

- Sid Vajirkar
    This is why I am avoiding Tivo and looking at other PVR solutions. Tivo seems to lean heavily towards the advertisers etc, as far as limiting control over what one can do with the content they've rrecorded.
    The Media app is great for simple viewing but does anyone know if there is a way to fast forward and rewind via buttons instead of the scroll bar? Also is there anyway to have the app remember where you left off?

I have accidentially touch the screen while playing a video and it exits the video and when I restart it starts from the beginning of the video then I have to play with the scroll bar to try to get back to where I left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by joesdeli
    The Media app is great for simple viewing but does anyone know if there is a way to fast forward and rewind via buttons instead of the scroll bar? Also is there anyway to have the app remember where you left off?
    No to both.
    I have a Sony Vaio laptop (an A90, I think) with an AV deck that turns it into a television. I can hook up my cable television and record anything it plays to my hard disk with GigaPocket. I recorded a two-hour move to a 4 gigabyte mpeg, which the Palm install tool compressed to less than 500 megabytes. (Took forever, an hour or two (I had left it) to copy to the install tool, and close to a half hour to transfer to the SD card.) Very watchable through the camera app.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    This is why I am avoiding Tivo and looking at other PVR solutions. Tivo seems to lean heavily towards the advertisers etc, as far as limiting control over what one can do with the content they've rrecorded.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by m99
    I've got the GSM 650 and I cannot get it to play video's copied to the SD card using a card reader. I add them to the DCIM directory but they just dont show up in the camera app. I can add them using the desktop tool, slow as can be but it works then. Any thoughts?
    Make sure you click/select the SD Card (icon in top right of the player).
    There are tools to take Tivo content and make it playable. You will need to search but they are available. Check out dealdatabase.com forums.

I have taken a tool and made some modifications to the settings so that it will take an mpeg file and convert it to a 3gp file that can be played from SD card. It can also grab the raw VOB file from a dvd and create the file as well. If anyone is interested let me know.
    Adam West
    Thank you sincerely for this tip! Saved me mucho money!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12