Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    In an article on this site, titled "Will the multimedia Treo ever exist?" it says that “PalmOne does not even bundle a video player with the Treo.” This is absolutely not true! The Treo 650 comes with a video player that plays not only the files recorded on it, but also plays regular .mpg movies. It’s been able to play every .mpg file that I’ve thrown at it! I’ve downloaded several music videos from file sharing programs and loaded them on my SD card (via an SD card reader), then stuck the SD card in my Treo and was able to play the content straight away with the built in video player on the Treo… nothing extra!

Maybe the author (and other people here) didn’t know the Treo comes with a video player, but it does! Not only this, but if you’re using the “palmOne Quick Install” software you can drag and drop a file onto your card through there, and it will automatically convert the file to a smaller size for you! I think it reduces the resolution and the audio frequency, and maybe the frame rate as well. One down side of this conversion is that the audio quality suffers a little too much for my own tastes. But if you don’t like the way it converts, you can just put it straight onto your Treo via an SD card reader (as previously mentioned) or download it to the Treo in a different way. The video player built into the Treo works great for me! I just thought people here should know this.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    So which application is it?
    camera
    i use camera to play full length dvd movies, music videos, etc...
    iBug
    mac osx usernew beetle pilotpowerbook operatorsmartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    It's the application that says "Pics & Videos". The standard application for viewing recorded video on the Treo.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    It's the application that says "Pics & Videos". The standard application for viewing recorded video on the Treo.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    I posted at your other thread on this topic.
    Will that 650 app work on the 600!??!?!

If so, that would kick MMPlayer's ****!
    this is sweet... cya later kinoma!
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    Humor me......
    How do I open a movie file with Pics and Video?
    Thanx,
    Ron
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBBRMADE
    Humor me......
    How do I open a movie file with Pics and Video?
    Thanx,
    Ron
    Just make sure the file is in the "DCIM" Directory on your SD card, and it will automatically show up in the your album.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanny
    this is sweet... cya later kinoma!
    but what flavors of mpg? 1,2, and 4?

does it do any other formats? you would think it would do something with quicktime files since camara does quicktime.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    There are 2 ways to instal and view movies on the Treo:

1. You can drag and drop files into the palm install tool (make sure to drop em into the SD card box). This will convert various formates (avi, wmv, mpeg, i haven't tested others) into something the treo can play. The conversion will also save some space, but this can take some time to convert then sync.

2. You can also use a card reader and drop off the files into the SD card without conversion (saves lots of time). It seems the Treo will play mpeg and quicktime (i haven't tested others).
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    let me just say that you've made my day. that's friggin' awesome!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    treo650 's Media app QuickInstall and Media desktop is an enhancement version from Zire72's.

the Media app is supported Mpeg1, Mpeg2, MS standard Mepg4 codec ASF, 3GPP streaming, etc.

so, u can convert the video file via Quickinstall or use some 3rd Paty converters on PC using correct codec and settings.
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh

Cheers,
    Jacob H.

Sorry to ask this noobie question, I just got my Treo this week...but how do I get to that application? Thanks.
    I moved an MP4 file into DCIM and camera didn't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treometry
    how do I get to that application?
    I believe the "Pics & Videos" app is only available on the Sprint 650. For the GSM models, you use the Gallery option in the Camera app.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    It's surprising that people are just figuring this out... I've been using Pics & Videos to play movies on my 650 since I first got it. I agree that it'd be nice if it could play some of the other formats, but so far I'm yet to see a way to play videos in such high quality. Only problem I've sound so far is that the mpegs are generally such huge files due to being an older file format with not as good of compression. To see them in action right away goto http://www.pocketmovies.net/ Or download a music video in mpeg format. It's pretty cool really.

- Phil -
  19. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    I believe the "Pics & Videos" app is only available on the Sprint 650. For the GSM models, you use the Gallery option in the Camera app.
    That is correct. That would be the app with the camera icon. Also, be sure if you have videos on an SD Card that they are in the DCIM folder.
    i have tried this it tells me the file is to big. any help? i tried to drag it to the installer it took a while instlled as same avi i put in and wouldnt play there was an x by it? i use mmplayer and it nice but i would love to tll my buudies of this since they are still trying out different players. oh yeah the movies are around 180 mb
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast