Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You can also download mpg formatted videos right off of Blazer, and when it asks you
    "where to" select card and it will automatically be placed in the pics and videos app. I use this to download, movie previews and adult movie clips.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    The only downfall to that is you have a 2 mb limit.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    While the Treo 650 does include a video player, its quality is substandard for movie viewing IMO. The two main faults are that it doesn't play mp4 quality movies and if you answer a call, it jumps back to the beginning of the movie when you return. When I play the same movie on Kinoma using mp4 the quality is far superior and it keeps its place when I return to the movie from phone or any other application.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    The only downfall to that is you have a 2 mb limit.
    Not at all true. You have a 2MB limit on what the device will record, but playing movies is a different matter entirely. I've played movies that are much larger this way.
    I could be wrong, but I think he was referring to a 2Mb limit for downloading, not watching, movies, straight from the Treo.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    FYI, there is a free program for converting movies to MPG. It's calledTMPGENC. Like other video converting programs, it's a little hard to figure out a first. But it will convert DIVX and XVIDs you download to MPEG. Occasionally, you have to do the audio separately (convert to wav and THEN input into the prgrm), but there are many guides out there on how to do this.

Here's my opinion on using MMPlayer (using VirtualDub for conversion) and using the built in MPEG player (I don't use kinoma so I cannot include that)

Built In Player:
    Pros
    FREE!!!
    SLIGHTLY easier to convert files

Cons
    MPEG = less quality AND bigger file size
    annoying bar

MMPlayer with VirtualDub:
    Pros
    better quality AND smaller file size
    more customization available with both video and audio
    full screen mode

Cons
    Takes a while to figure out how to create good videos and how to use the program itself (I don't have any problems with it, so I'll just leave it as "It's hard to figure out")
    MMPlayer not Free

There are probably numerous other comparisons, but this is all the important ones I could think of right now.
    Yes, it's amazing what you can find by reading the user's guide.

The application to use is called Media on the unlocked GSM model, and "Pics&Video" on the Sprint model.
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    Not at all true. You have a 2MB limit on what the device will record, but playing movies is a different matter entirely. I've played movies that are much larger this way.

i have recorded movies with my treo 3.5mb in size. i think the limit on treo movies is your sd card, but i could be wrong

correct me if im wrong but isnt xvid, mpeg4 or something? so why wont the treos player play it? i tried to drag a movie to the quick install cause in this post it was said that quick install would convert, i tried and it didnt work. maybe im doing something wrong
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    it seems as if sprint is limiting the download size directly fr blazer to
    2mb?
    also i tried pocketmovies.net. it worked nicely. however are there some movies out there that are resolution of 320 by 320 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    I could be wrong, but I think he was referring to a 2Mb limit for downloading, not watching, movies, straight from the Treo.
    Oh. Right. Blazer download limitation. Forgot about that. Very true.
  12. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ran1354
    it seems as if sprint is limiting the download size directly fr blazer to
    2mb?
    Yes it is Blazer that has 2MB limit. No such limit downloading from net using Xiino.
    Dude this is sweet! One of my gripes of a treo vs ppc was that video's were so much easier to watch on a ppc. But now all I did was set my ATI card to record my tv shows to mpg1 with a custom kbps and have it auto dump it to my sd card while I'm sleeping! But how can you get that built in video player to play movies in FULL SCREEN? I don't think you can... But still great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    ... But how can you get that built in video player to play movies in FULL SCREEN? I don't think you can... But still great though.
    yes, that is the lump.
    if i were going to spend alot of time watching tv or movies on the treo, i would probably invest in a player that will do full screen.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    Yes it is Blazer that has 2MB limit. No such limit downloading from net using Xiino.

Cool . So your telling me I can download a file that is larger than 2mb on Xino. Didn't know this, but since I do now, I will definately be purchasing Xino, when my trial period is up.
    Great Tip! Where is the best place to find downloadable (not live stream) content?
    any way to make it in full screen when playing vidoes with picsand videos?
    Is anyone aware of free software to scale down a 300MB video file? I have a couple of promotional videos that are full-screen DVD MPG4 at around 350 each. I'd like to scale them down and keep them on my SD card. XP Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    Is anyone aware of free software to scale down a 300MB video file? I have a couple of promotional videos that are full-screen DVD MPG4 at around 350 each. I'd like to scale them down and keep them on my SD card. XP Pro.
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    DL-ing now. Thanks! Is this really freeware?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast