Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After having my unlocked GSM 650 for a almost a week & about 500 freezes/crashes, I finally got some relief from PalmOne.

The support rep. asked me to dial #*377 to view the crash report which resulted in;

HALRadioAcDc.c,
    Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time

The rep. said this is "a new known issue & that the Treo will have to be replaced, as it is not repairable. I was told to call the PalmOne online store where I purchased the unit. I called the PalmOne store & in about 5 minutes I had a replacement on the way. Hope that replacement works, as I love the 650, but can't deal with it crashing every 10-30 minutes.
    Interesting. I wonder if the datamgr.c issue is known as well? I use Sprint so never have spoken to PalnOne..maybe I will if it occurs again on my new 650

Anyone else ever called P1 about the datamgr.c crash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
    The rep. said this is "a new known issue & that the Treo will have to be replaced, as it is not repairable.
    I more believe it's a software problem that P1 developers still have no clue how to fix it.
    this is just a bad phone.

I had a 600 replaced because of this same error. palmone has a kb article on it. see:

see
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    When I enter #*377 I don't get a crash report.......is this just GSM?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    When I enter #*377 I don't get a crash report.......is this just GSM?
    #*377 is just for gsm
    ##377 is for sprint i think.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    #*377 is just for gsm
    Sometimes its vice versa. I think it just depends on the hardware.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    That's exactly the error message I get. Unfortunately, the a-holes at amazon.com won't let me return this phone right now because I've returned one that was broken in another way. I hope they get wind of this soon so I can finially have a phone that works as advertized. Doesn't it suck that we're being treated so poorly even though this phone is god awful expensive?
  9.    #9  
    this is just a bad phone.

I had a 600 replaced because of this same error. palmone has a kb article on it. see:

see
    I should have clarified, P1 said that it was a new issue on the 650, and that they had similar issues w/ the 600 (slightly different error message).
    #*377 is just for gsm
    Sprint is #377#
    I use Sprint and it was ##377 for me ......
    Yes Sprint is ##377# OR ##377 Dial
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  13.    #13  
    A 2nd 650, a new SIM with a 'A' & a fresh install. Still crashes whenever the SIM is in the Treo, even when the phone is off.

I love this phone but I can't deal with the issues. It's going back to PalmOne.
    What happens if you get this error on rare ocassions...like once every two weeks or so. Does that mean there is a hardware issue or is the phone ok? Anyone have any guesses?
    Quote Originally Posted by ps40897
    That's exactly the error message I get. Unfortunately, the a-holes at amazon.com won't let me return this phone right now because I've returned one that was broken in another way. I hope they get wind of this soon so I can finially have a phone that works as advertized. Doesn't it suck that we're being treated so poorly even though this phone is god awful expensive?
    if you bought on credit card - you can just charge it back. Tell your cc company that the phone doesn't work (show them these posts as evidence if they want). They have to remove the charge from your bill (there is a time limit of 90ish days) and take back the money from amazon. Visa/Mastercard rules.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I just did this and got the same error message. I got the phone through Cingular, should I be returning the phone this weekend to get a replacement, or would P1 acknowledge the error and send a replacement???
    Mine result in this "A crash occurred on 03/16/05 at 7:57 pm while running "VersaMail": VFSDBCache.c, Line:3676, block runs inconsistent"

I have been having issues with VersaMail. I won't delete the email on the server when I empty trash. The trash is empted and then VersaMail downloads the 180 deleted message again on the next get. Hard reset and it still does it with not else loaded.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I finally got a replacement phone and the thing works perfectly, Yay! I wonder if amazon.com is going to bill palmone for all that shipping on the two phones they sent me next day air for free, and the two phones I sent back to them? I would be pissed if I was amazon.com...
    I have the craziest thing happening with VersaMail

I have 132 messages. I press /S to select all 132 and then /D to delete them all. Once the "Please wait..." disappears, I am left with 66 messages (all still selected) - it deleted exactly half. I do another /D to delete them all. I am left with 33. It keeps this deleteing half the selected messages (8, 4) until it is down to 2 messages. /D to delete them all leaves 1 and a final /D to delete the last one. At this point I Empty Trash (both local and server) and do a get. Now it sees 65 new message but they are not new messages but 66 of the 133 I just deleted and told it to delete from the server. HELLPPPPPPPP!
    Last edited by godschoice; 03/16/2005 at 09:55 PM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    hey, wait a sec...all these problems can't be happening...the 650 is perfect, remember?

:-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast