1.    #1  
    Well, I have been experiencing repeated resets (2 to 3 times a day) on my 650GSM and now have been able to eliminate them (haven't had 1 in 2 days). I thought I am obliged to share my experience after getting so much help from this forum.

Here are the things that I did (not necessary in chronological order).

1) Hard reset your 650
    2) Sync your 650 with your computer
    3) Download the free dbscan at
    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk4.htm
    (I am an outlook user and happened that my calender database, for some strange reasons which I never figured out, had swapped the month and the day, i.e. have no. > 12 for month, and that was causing some instability)
    Running dbscan will identify those messed up dates and deleted those records.
    4) Install your third party software one by one and use each one of them for at least a day before installing the next one (For me, ICQ was causing an infinnite reset too (not right away but after a day of use))
    5) When you are in an infinite reset loop, you can warm reset by holding down the 5-way cursors in the "up" position after pressing the reset button.
    6) Then delete the last software that you installed
    7) I have been using the same Sim card for almost 5 years, and I went to exchange for a new one (don't really know if this helped, but thought it wouldn't hurt)
    8) For me, I use the "reverse DUN" i.e. sharing my home broadband connection via bluetooth for the 650 to surf. I was using Xp with SP2 installed. Remember to turn off the firewall on xp to avoid hanging the 650.

My list of software that I've installed other than the ones in the rom:

Docs to go
    Bejeweled
    Win-Hand
    Webviewer
    Zlauncher
    IBM Java
    File Z
    McPhling
    TreoSelect Trial
    dbScan

Still have over 10 megs of space.

Some other tips:

You can get rid of the unwanted preset favorites by using filez to edit the PhoneFavorites2. Then delete the records, with 0 = the 1st favorite, 1 = the 2nd favorite.

Now, I think this is the best device. Tried the O2 mini, and thought it was for a casual user that doesn't require much data input. Hope all these help.
    Thanks for the tip dude.

How do you install programs into ROM though? Would greatly appreciate a step-by-step if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks,

tc
    I installed the dbscan utility earlier today. It seems to have cleared up my reset issue. It was giving me the stupid host wake error most of the time 5-8 times per day. I did a hard reset and reinstalled the palm desktop this morning, but then I put on my contacts, calender, and memos from a backup archive of the new palm desktop. And it immediatly started resetting. My 2500 calender, 150 contacts, and 200 memos has left me with 16.4 of 23M so I guess I'm doing ok for space.
    Thanks a bunch for the dbscan utility, yatbond!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Yeah. I've read about this installing apps to ROM. How do you do it?
    Sounds interesting! Where to find?
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    Well, the dbscan seemed to help for a short time, but the host wake error came right back. My new 650 should be here around wednesday. Apparently it's a hardware problem that p1 knows about. I'm under the 30 day window so they're cross shipping me another.
    I thought the 1 2 3 to no resets was:

1 - don't turn it on
    2- if already on,don't press any buttons
    3- if you press a button, recite the hail mary quickly.
    lol
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Yeah. I've read about this installing apps to ROM. How do you do it?
    Glenda goto www.shadowmite.com note his tool will only work for sprint phones! also if you or anyone else needs any help with custom roms feel free to pm me
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    Glenda goto www.shadowmite.com note his tool will only work for sprint phones! also if you or anyone else needs any help with custom roms feel free to pm me

Is your offer of help for Sprint or GSM phones? Is anyone working on creating custom roms for GSM version?
    Quote Originally Posted by wktaylor
    Well, the dbscan seemed to help for a short time, but the host wake error came right back. My new 650 should be here around wednesday. Apparently it's a hardware problem that p1 knows about. I'm under the 30 day window so they're cross shipping me another.

Any other info from P1 to help us figure out whether we have a phone from a bad batch. I just bought an extra battery and when I put in the 650 to charge, it began to reboot. Since mine was running fine before the new battery, I am assuming it is not related to an incompatible SW but a bad hardare.

Any help you can provide would be helpful.

DP
    My experiense is that, you get crash if you switch from one 'crashy program' to another 'crashy program' right away.

For example, xiino is a crashy happy program. Thankful with skweezer.com, I don't need to use it anymore. TomTom is a mega crashy app, that I have to live with. But I definitely will not go to it directly from pTunes or Blazer. I would go to the phone app first. And then go to TomTom.

Blazer or QuickNews will cause problem from time to time, but that's due to the resource they use.

I also reduce a bit of crash after I switch from HiLauncher to Zlauncher. I move most of the apps to the SD card unless is super important to me.

It's funny when I had my Sony k700, I put assign special mp3 for each contact and all of them have funky animation gif as the avatars. Now with my Treo, I want none of them in the name of stability. It's ok though, I can get real work done wirh the Treo.