Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Help, I installed all the Palm software for the Treo 650 on my laptop at work running Windows 2000 with no porblems and had several successful HotSync's. However, I have tried to install the same on my home PC running Windows XP Tablet edition and I cannot even get past the install process. The furthest I get is about 90% to the point of "Status: Removing backup files" and then it hangs up. I have tried this several times and it always hangs up in the same spot.

I have nothing else running, I have disabled virus protection, even exit out of messenger and other programs that run in the background and nothing works. If I cancel the process in task manager and try to install again it tells me an installation process is currently running and I need to complete it before I continue but I can't. I actually have to uninstall and delete the PalmOne folder to get the install to begin again, but it always hangs up.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    As far as I know the PC Tablet is not one of the supported platforms for palmOne. I did see (and unfortunately can remember what the heck it was) but there is some EXE file that gets launched then duplicated. There was something about using task manager to kill the extra copies.

If I remember what the heck it was or find the link again I'll add it here. Otherwise you might want to search for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    As far as I know the PC Tablet is not one of the supported platforms for palmOne. I did see (and unfortunately can remember what the heck it was) but there is some EXE file that gets launched then duplicated. There was something about using task manager to kill the extra copies.

If I remember what the heck it was or find the link again I'll add it here. Otherwise you might want to search for it.
    I was the one who posted a workaround for this. I have a tablet and found it on a tablet forum someplace. Problem is with the idriver.exe file. Information here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...009#post564009
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Thanks, I knew I read it somewhere!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    Thanks, I knew I read it somewhere!!!
    NP...

tcat - I hope it helps.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!