1.    #1  
    What would be teh main differences? I'm looking to upgrade from my Treo 300 but i dunno which route i should go...
    i know the treo 650 has an upgraded OS and it has bluetooth...
    any thing else that would warrant me shelling out the extra money for the 650 or will i do just fine with a 600?
    treo 650
    hi res screen
    bt
    keyboard improvement
    dedicated send and end keys
    5.4 os
    NVFS (which has the down side of eating memory)
    able to use up to 2GB SD card, along with the Sandisk U2 series speeds
    better camera with mirror
    dedicated side button
    320 by 320
    DUN
    GPS
    replaceable battery
    lower SD slot (ie not much of the card is exposed)

cons:
    flimsy power cord, and new type of connector head
    NVFS LOL
    bad reset hole
    stupid beep beeeeeeeeppppp antenna
    If you're serious about bluetooth... for the moment, go with a 600 for about $200 on ebay and a jabra bluetooth adapter for about $30... wait for fixes on the 650 then switch over when the coast is clear.

Keep checking back with TreoCentral... a lot of these guys are on it.

Just avoid discussions with otters, weasels and millers... you should be good
    treo 600 is selling for sg$499 @ singapore right now, at their computer expo, brand new
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    ANother plus. If you listen to mp3s on your treo like I don you can also send sms and surf the web while listening to music with the 650. The 600 is very very VERY slow when you try and do the samething. U bassically need to stop Ptunes to send a sms or txt message and the web thing......
    Yeah just get a 650
    Walk into a brick and mortar store which sells phones for all carriers. Look at the 600, look at the 650....get touchy / feeley with both of them.....when ya get home, tell us all about your new 650. At $325 - $375 in the B&M's with a 1 year contract, I can't see how much cheaper they could sell the 600 for to make me think it was a wise investment.

Before ya leave the store make sure ya don't have a 64k GEMplus card; if ya do, tell the salesman you want the other one. When ya get it home resist the urge to move all your programs over "en masse". Install Uninstall Manager (Northglide)as your first app and add a program or two a day, each one on a separate hot sync.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Just spoke to LockLine, the insurance agency for Sprint PCS, if you have a Treo 300 and it is insured, they do not carry any more 300's so they will give you a free upgrade to the 650. It might be worth buying a few and breaking them!

BenJoe
  8.    #8  
    unfortunately my treo 300 isn't insured
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Just spoke to LockLine, the insurance agency for Sprint PCS, if you have a Treo 300 and it is insured, they do not carry any more 300's so they will give you a free upgrade to the 650. It might be worth buying a few and breaking them!

BenJoe
    I ordered a replacement for my Treo 300 yesterday through LockLine so I will let you know what I receive.