1.    #1  
    What would be teh main differences? I'm looking to upgrade from my Treo 300 but i dunno which route i should go...
    i know the treo 650 has an upgraded OS and it has bluetooth...
    any thing else that would warrant me shelling out the extra money for the 650 or will i do just fine with a 600?
    320x320 screen is a huge step forward from the 160x160; faster CPU is noticeable; battery life is better; camera is better; built in video record is in standard mp4 format (i.e. no need for MovieRec, which is great but not in a portable format); etc.

if you go the inexpensive route and get a 600 from eBay you won't be disappointed; just try and avoid using a 650 since you might end up with Treo envy if you do...
    I think you will find that most of your software will transfer better to the 600. Also the lack of RAM in the 650 has made me shy away from the 650. My Treo 600 is packed full of apps that can run off a card. I think true power users will wait for the next upgrade as they refuse to get rid of apps. High res - low res who cares. The resulution does not matter to me. It does not make the device more ussable. Cripppled bluetooth does not help much. If you want a headset it is alot handier than a dongle, but really do you want to carry around more things? The last thing I need is something else to lose. That is why I have an all in one device. Plus the Treo 600 is lighter. It is not worth $300 more. Especially when I think you will see a 700 by the end of the year.
    Ya got two threads going here on the same exact topic freakie so expect some darts to fly. I answered in the other one but do NOT expect to pay $300 "more" for a 650. I paid $325 for my 650 with a one year plan. Amazon even has them for only $90 apart and it's not hard to do better than Amazon.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Ya got two threads going here on the same exact topic freakie so expect some darts to fly. I answered in the other one but do NOT expect to pay $300 "more" for a 650. I paid $325 for my 650 with a one year plan. Amazon even has them for only $90 apart and it's not hard to do better than Amazon.
    hehehe yea i know. i was trying to get everyones opinion and in order to have an opinion from both sides i had to post in both forums...
    everyones input had been duly noted and i should make my decision by end of this week
    Well, the decision to purchase a 600 over a 650 was easy for me: T-Mobile doesn't support a 650, yet...So, I had no choice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaknificent
    What would be teh main differences? I'm looking to upgrade from my Treo 300 but i dunno which route i should go...
    i know the treo 650 has an upgraded OS and it has bluetooth...
    any thing else that would warrant me shelling out the extra money for the 650 or will i do just fine with a 600?
    I'd been using a 600 ever since it came out. A few months ago, I shelled out the 600 - the mail in rebate for a new 650. Add in some money for car charger, BT headset, screen covers, etc.

First 650 had problems and kept turning off when BT was on. Exchanged it. 2nd phone worked well for about a month. Then one day it froze. Couldn't reset it, took battery out and put back in, and nothing. So it got exchanged. 3rd phone , I put on ebay and sold everything with it for 600 (plus got the rebate).

Simply put, buy from a sprint store. Be prepared to have to exchange it (the woman I talked to in line told me she was on her 6th one).

Other than THAT little issue, there's no comparison between the 600 and 650. The 650 is much, much better. Faster, better screen (which IMO mean a better experience, better apps (can run high resolution ones now such as bejeweled 2), better multimedia..its a big big factor), better camera/video recorder, BT which is nice for wireless modem and syncing. Sync software is little easier to use too.

But I'm back to my old 600 which really does everything I want and has been dependable.
    If youre not upgrading, buy the 650.
    I came from a Palm m515 to the T600. I love it. I can see the T650 has more features and better screen, but I would not get much VALUE from them at the moment. The big rebates are what got me the T600 as it is so I cant justidy to get the latest and greatest. Priorities are different for everyone I guess