1.    #1  
    Hi...not new to the forum, but my first post. My stylus on the 650 doesn't fit very snug, and tends to fall out. Is this a defect overall, or just an issue with my Treo or my stylus? Any advice would be much appreciated!
    I suspect it's a problem with your unit - my stylus is a very snug fit.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    It must to be your device problem. Get a replacement.

Otherwise, ... try wrap the stylus with a thin layer of clear/invisible tape. It may help.
    In another thread, someone suggested bending the stylus an inperceptible amount, which makes it fit tighter in the holder.
    Kenji
    My stylus does not fit near as as snugly into the silo as it did out of the box, but it has never fallen out. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Rather than get tape gum on your fingers (eventually) or bending your writing instrument, try opening the battery compartment and placing an ultrathin piece of paper towel in there where it touches the stylus. Alot of people are having to resort to this anyway with the "loose battery / unit flaking out" syndrome. But swapping the unit makes the most sense to me to, outside of a homemade fix.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    palmone's pen/stylus fits in mine tighter than the original...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji
    In another thread, someone suggested bending the stylus an inperceptible amount, which makes it fit tighter in the holder.
    I asked the question before, and the slight bend worked perfectly.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Try this one: I had the same issue with my sony clie before the treo, as the stylus once fell out of the unit in my car and I didn't find it for a week! Being the resourceful genius that I am, I put a piece of scotch tape around the stylus, just once around the circumference, and that tiny extra layer of tape made it fit nice and snug. No more falling out. Cheap, and not even noticeable in the slightest!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I asked the question before, and the slight bend worked perfectly.
    Yeah, I might not have thought about this, but after reading tried it and it now fits perfectly. Not tight but I know it's not going anywhere. I don't perceive any bend visually. When I sit the stylus on a flat surface it still appears to lie flush. But the imperceptible curvature makes all the difference in the world.
    My stylus is very loose as well, compared to my Treo 600. The fact that other people have been talking about this in other threads with suggestions of bending it slightly, suggest that this is a common problem.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Mine was loose too. I did the slight bend trick and now its fits nice a snug.
    --Don
    There is a tiny torx bit under the stylus (next to the camera lens). If you remove the stylus, you can tighten this with a very tiny screw driver, or....streighten out one end of a heavy duty staple gun staple, and cut off the sharp point. It will now fit in the tiny torx head, allowing you to tighten it. You might need to sqeeze the case tight while you tighten. I actually have to do this periodicly, but it works every time.

l8r,
    Carl
    So it's just a case of having a screw loose then? I bought a new battery cover not to long ago(the Seidio one with the hole for easy soft reset capability), and ever since my stylus fit has been VERY tight.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I spay the stylus down wth a rubberized adhesive every once and a while...actually spray it on paper and then roll a piece of the stylus in it....last 2-3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by coulson5
    There is a tiny torx bit under the stylus (next to the camera lens). If you remove the stylus, you can tighten this with a very tiny screw driver, or....streighten out one end of a heavy duty staple gun staple, and cut off the sharp point. It will now fit in the tiny torx head, allowing you to tighten it. You might need to sqeeze the case tight while you tighten. I actually have to do this periodicly, but it works every time.

l8r,
    Carl
    a slight bend is easier works great cannot tell that it has a bend
    Quote Originally Posted by coulson5
    Why would tightening that screw have anything to do with the fit of the stylus?
    when I rubberized my side pieces, overspray on the stylus chamber helped to hold it in.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...treo%20rub.jpg
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.