Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I just got a new Treo 650 from my employer. I have only installed what came on the CD in the way of Outlook Syncing and Docs to Go (on SD card). I did install Grafitti Anywhere but uninstalled it after this problem occured and that did not fix it.

OK, here's the problem: I press the red power button to turn on the Palm and nothing happens. I hold it down nothing happens. I have tried several things with respects to holding the button down for a period of time to a quick tap of the button, nothing works. Then, all of a sudden, wham she turns on. When I want to turn the Palm off, a simple tap does the job.

Now, my company has about 500 Treo 650's in the field with Sprint and we have our own 24 hour technical support. I called one of our support techs and she said they were receiving a lot of calls about this and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Only solution is a soft reset, however, sometimes the problem will re-occur.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?
    I've been experiencing this for a couple weeks now on a Cingular 650 so its not Sprint specific either. Only soft reset helps as you said. Ugly problem, would love to have a fix also.
    I've had this happen a couple of times as well. It's very annoying and I'm not sure what is causing it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    This has happened to me as well. Wish I knew what the problem was. I even did a hard reset to see if it was any of the third-party software I installed. It happened before I reinstalled anything. I have a Cingular 650.
    Do you have Bluetooth turned on? Leaving Bluetooth on all the time can sometimes cause delays in button responses.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Yes, I always leave Bluetooth turned on since I use a BT headset.
    Stock 650 from Cingular. Had it for 10 days. Love playing Zap!

Same probs as you all. We must ALL be doing something wrong .
    Sprint 650, had it for a while, same issues with all the hard buttons (or at least red & green) - sometimes the first press doesn't work to turn it on...
    You have to hit the button twice.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    BIGtrouble77,

I tried that and various other combinations, 3 presses, press and hold, etc. Nothing worked except a soft reset.
    you have to hit the red button twice, hold your right foot in the air, and do soft reset. I hav same problem, works every time.
    turn off bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    turn off bluetooth
    Oh, that's handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    BIGtrouble77,

I tried that and various other combinations, 3 presses, press and hold, etc. Nothing worked except a soft reset.
    I figured that much, but no one mentioned they tried that. That really sucks, I've never had this problem.

-BT
    Perhaps it IS bluetooth, but turning it off is hardly a solution: I use my Sony HBH-660 all the time.

This is clearly yet ANOTHER problem PalmOne should have found and now won't deal with. Oh, I'm wrong...they WILL deal with it: by releasing the Treo 700.

Which will have a whole NEW set of bugs. All of which will be fixed by the Treo 750. In 2007. With NEW bugs...etc.

BTW, I have this problem on an unlocked GSM 650.
    This is a known bug with the 650.
    It will be fixed in Nov with the Treo 700.

Hey, if you can afford to pay $600-700 dollars, you can wait for it to respond like a 1997 PDA.
    Turning off Bluetooth definitely helps, there have been other threads re: this, but it does not eliminate the delay altogether. With bluetooth off, my 650 responds much better when the screen is off, but it certainly is not always an immediate response lie you would expect. It's just another one of those quirks I've learned to live with.
    Having BT off has no effect for me with this issue. As a matter of fact it just happened again. I also noticed that when this does occur and I don't do a soft reset to clear it, it does eventually turn on but everything is bogged down and very slow to respond to any button press. Very annoying.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I have this problem all the time, and I never have BT on.
    I'm using an Unlocked GSM 650 over here in Singapore on a local telco named SingTel and I just experienced this problem.

Just curious, what was the last app you had on before the problem occurs? Mine's the phone app...
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast