1.    #1  
    All,

I have recently updated my 600 to a 650 (unlocked) and installed Goodlink (3.8) for work email etc. and now there are a number of features no longer available to me. I wondered if there are any third party apps that I can download (or any easier solution that I am unaware of) to correct the following features - I think caused by GoodLink:

1) Can no longer use the Find feature to display any information in Contacts!!!! Is there an app I can download to search the Goodlink contacts db since the dbs are separate.

2) The Names of people in Txt messaging chats are no longer displayed - just their numbers! (Is there some simple Treo preferences that I am missing here?). I suspect it is the Goodlink app messing up on mapping numbers to name.

3) When some people call their name displays but when others call - and they are firmly in my contacts db - just their number displays - a real pain if you don't need to speak to them!

4) Goodlink seems to 'turn itself off' thru the night - hence any alarms set in my Goodlink DB calendar do not activate! (So I do not get woken up by my alarm!) I do not want to have to use two calendar databases if poss - is there not one app I can use with Goodlink or a way of keeping the Goodlink app 'alive' while I sleep?

Email is great on the phone - but there are so many features that are standard to regular Palm users - Calendar week view, and many more sophisticated options - that it seems to decrease the value of these features at the expense of having a basic email app (Goodlink) on the phone. Any answers to the above would make my life so much easier!

JH.
    Search the Communication forum. The following link should be helpful...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72496

and to reactivate your Contacts app

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50864
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_nyc
    2) The Names of people in Txt messaging chats are no longer displayed - just their numbers! (Is there some simple Treo preferences that I am missing here?). I suspect it is the Goodlink app messing up on mapping numbers to name.
    This was a beef of ours, too. However, this feature was added (fixed?) in 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by jh_nyc
    3) When some people call their name displays but when others call - and they are firmly in my contacts db - just their number displays - a real pain if you don't need to speak to them!

4) Goodlink seems to 'turn itself off' thru the night - hence any alarms set in my Goodlink DB calendar do not activate! (So I do not get woken up by my alarm!) I do not want to have to use two calendar databases if poss - is there not one app I can use with Goodlink or a way of keeping the Goodlink app 'alive' while I sleep?
    My organization (7 Goodlink users, now) has not reported this issue. I use Goodlink exclusively for alarms. Are you sure your Treo isn't softresetting in the middle of the night?

-jd
  4.    #4  
    Doogles,
    the fix for the names in 4.0 sounds promising. As a global corporate user - have to (officially) wait for 4.0 tests before I can employ it on my Treo - unless you know that the server part of 3.8 (for the 650) will work with the Client desktop and PDA app version 4.0?

Regarding your exclusive use of Goodlink for alarms - do you not find the restrcitive tones annoying? I found that a couple of times, my phone turning itself off thru the night and hence goodlink needed to be reintialized.. but will keep an eye on this.

bigboy & Doogles,
    If I moved the GoodAddress app to my card - forcing native palm contacts db in use - would that fix my display of names of callers calling?

I did try this, but since I had moved all old backup files on my workstation and re-synched when goodlink was intalled, then using FileZ to move GoodAddress app to the card meant that my old contacts db has only a few newly added contacts included and is otherwise blank - i.e. onl reverting back to the GoodAddress app displayed my full contact list...

Should I re-backup old native contacts and re-add newer records, then disable goodlink - to give me full db with names displayign when callers call?

regarding the Find feature:
    How to get the 'find' feature to search the GoodAddress db (I think good actually disables it and the native Palm address db too). I hold massives of data filed in notes under the contact - and now I cannot get to it easily - without having to open different contacts one bye one before I locate it - a major gripe!
    Last edited by jh_nyc; 03/13/2005 at 11:27 AM.
    Couple of things:

You can't move goodaddress to the card. It won't work.

You can run the client for 4.0 before upgrading to the server with no problems. Full forward and backward compatibility.

I have a document that one of our engineers designed to run both GoodContacts and Palm Contacts. I will post it sometime tomorrow.