1.    #1  
    Call me crazy, but simply turning off "beam receive" has reduced my random
    resets, which was happenning quite frequently. Can anyone verify this?
    Since yesterday the only reset I've experienced has been the morning
    "wake up" reset.
    While I cannot verify that, I can tell you that turning off beam receive is one way to extend battery power. I have always set mine to off. In your users guide there are a number of tips on extending battery power and this is one of them.
    :-)
    Your crazy!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  4.    #4  
    Extending battery life is not the point here. I've had innumerable resets since getting
    the 650. I've followed all the 'rules' set down for migrating from a 600 to a 650 and
    nothing seemed to help. Hard reset and absolutely no third party software still produced
    multiple resets daily. I then turned beam receive off, my thinking being that perhaps
    it was affecting the phone's telephony radio, what with the wireless spectrum being quite crowded. It seems to have improved the situation greatly. Come on people,
    give the theory a chance and let us know if you see any difference.

a'
    I'll give it a shot.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I tried it... will let you know... Since my unit occasionally does 'system' resets as well, it continues to turn beam receive back on again on it's own. aarrrghh
    Hmmm I have turned it off as well - I am on a new unit after multiple resets an hour. And I too had resets after a hard reset with no insytall or sync. I am not bringing over bookmarks or favorites either - redoing step by step per my thread on steps.
    Didn't work. Turned IR off this morning, and when I unplugged it from the charger just now - boom - another HALRadioAcDc.c crash.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    another HALRadioAcDc.c crash.
    Sounds like you need Dave Bowman to work on that thing. Does it go "Daisy... da....i...se...y......." before it shuts down ?
    No, but the next few words of that song are actually quite appropriate for PalmOne and the 650:

"...give me your answer, do;
    I'm half crazy, oh for the love of you."